The most hated family in America

WorksopRam

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah watched the first doc as well, available on youtube if people haven't watched it. It's after watching stuff like that I thank God I'm an athiest. Sooner we get rid of all religion the sooner we can all start living together in harmony.

Yeah watched the first doc as well, available on youtube if people haven't watched it. It's after watching stuff like that I thank God I'm an athiest. Sooner we get rid of all religion the sooner we can all start living together in harmony.

That's just ridiculous, it's not the religion it's the people. If you look at the sectarian violence between celtic and rangers, you could quite easily blame football as much as religion but both would be stupid. It's the people that use religion to justify hating people that they simply don't like, that's the real problem. Some people use football as a reason to justify hating people, does that mean we should get rid of football?

That's just ridiculous, it's not the religion it's the people. If you look at the sectarian violence between celtic and rangers, you could quite easily blame football as much as religion but both would be stupid. It's the people that use religion to justify hating people that they simply don't like, that's the real problem. Some people use football as a reason to justify hating people, does that mean we should get rid of football?

It's not ridiculous at all, if you follow the true word of the bible, this family ain't far wrong, equally if you take the true word of the Koran, these extremists ain't far wrong. Moderate religion just picks and chooses it's way through these nasties, takes the good bits and rids itself of the middle age philosophies which naturally takes precedence in the scripture. Don't really want to get on the football comparison as it pales into insignificance. I'll stick with science for now, it pays the bills afterall.

It's not ridiculous at all, if you follow the true word of the bible, this family ain't far wrong, equally if you take the true word of the Koran, these extremists ain't far wrong. Moderate religion just picks and chooses it's way through these nasties, takes the good bits and rids itself of the middle age philosophies which naturally takes precedence in the scripture. Don't really want to get on the football comparison as it pales into insignificance. I'll stick with science for now, it pays the bills afterall.

I believe in god, I go to church whenever I can, I pray every night. Who are you to tell me that religion should be scrapped. I won't go into my beliefs on every single part of the bible but I agree that some are outdated.

I remember quite specifically praying to God when i was younger.

Tim Henman v Ivanisovicicicici Semi final of Wimbledon.

I prayed before the match and everything was going great. I though that God was brilliant.

Then came the rain.

That's when i thought **** you God. And then Derby have lost 99% of games ever since. I'm not sure if he's real or not. :D

"Thank God for breast cancer" - I actually hope they're joking but I unfortunately don't think they are.

The members of the church seem reasonably polite and open to discussion but how can they follow such a foul ideology so rigorously?

Brainwashing. Drill it into kids over and over and they'll believe it. Its a form of child abuse.

Very true. I just don't get how anyone can believe such horrid things in the first place though, before they pass it on to their doomed offspring.

I believe in god, I go to church whenever I can, I pray every night. Who are you to tell me that religion should be scrapped. I won't go into my beliefs on every single part of the bible but I agree that some are outdated.

Couldn't care less if people are religious or not mate, so long as they don't bring their kids up in a particular faith and let them choose when they're emotionally and intellectually mature enough to make arguably the most important decision of their life. Providing that criteria is met people can do what they want. It is my reserved opinion however that the world would be better off without it. It's a good read though I'll give you that, especially the old testament.

You know what Edinburgh, I thought that might of been your response but I was hoping it wasn't. One is a hobbie, least it should be. If it's anything more, get a life. One is something so fundamental to who you are as a human being and the decisions you take in every aspect of your life. I don't actually think supporting DCFC or Arsenal or Weymouth is of the remotest importance to shaping a human being, my kid will be brought up as a Ram as abit of bonding on a saturday afternoon with his old man. Let us see how effective my brainwashing is...

You know what Edinburgh, I thought that might of been your response but I was hoping it wasn't. One is a hobbie, least it should be. If it's anything more, get a life. One is something so fundamental to who you are as a human being and the decisions you take in every aspect of your life. I don't actually think supporting DCFC or Arsenal or Weymouth is of the remotest importance to shaping a human being, my kid will be brought up as a Ram as abit of bonding on a saturday afternoon with his old man. Let us see how effective my brainwashing is...

football is not a hobbie to me, you can say that's sad but It's a lot more to me than that. There you go again telling people what to do, "least it should be", I'll ask again, who are you to tell people what to do? I want my kids to be religious, I want my kids to be Derby County fans, If they're not I'll be disappointed. Obviously they have free will but I'll do my very best to make sure these two things happen, I think that what's best for them, as parents always know best

Archived