The most hated family in America

WorksopRam

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what does science say about homosexuality being right or wrong? enlighten me.

The hell-fire take on Christianity never seems very ‘Christian’ to me.

I read that if Jesus was telling the parable of the Good Samaritan in present day America then the present day Samaritan would be a good, homosexual, atheist from San Francisco who stops to look after the victim of a nasty mugging. That good person would be compared to a straight, church going, Baptist preacher who quickly passed on by.

Interestingly, there was much work done particularly in the USA to locate the "gay" gene. Quite clever how they went about it too. Research was done with identical twins. The idea was that if one of a pair of identical twins is homosexual, the other member of the pair will be, too, in just under 50% of the cases. On this basis they had a pretty good case for showing genetic disposition. Though it must be understood that behavioural genes are infinitely more difficult to locate and identify contrast to genes associated with physical states, ie diseases. Anyway it opened up a right can of worms as the argument traversed into another area with recognition of the importance of environment, ie. twins are naturally very close and are exposed to the same experiences, shaping their behaviours. The conclusion was rather expected essentially drawing on the likelihood that it is a combination of genes and environment which makes a person gay. There was actually some pretty good science behind it though.

Why ask for a right or wrong answer if you're not after right or wrongs...? Please refrain from grouping me with whoever you're referring to as 'you lot', as well, as I haven't once passed judgement on your character.

Perhaps I shouldn't have asked for rights or wrongs, but I was after the view of science on homosexuality, if you read through the conversation you will see why.

Fair Enough.

Interestingly, there was much work done particularly in the USA to locate the "gay" gene. Quite clever how they went about it too. Research was done with identical twins. The idea was that if one of a pair of identical twins is homosexual, the other member of the pair will be, too, in just under 50% of the cases. On this basis they had a pretty good case for showing genetic disposition. Though it must be understood that behavioural genes are infinitely more difficult to locate and identify contrast to genes associated with physical states, ie diseases. Anyway it opened up a right can of worms as the argument traversed into another area with recognition of the importance of environment, ie. twins are naturally very close and are exposed to the same experiences, shaping their behaviours. The conclusion was rather expected essentially drawing on the likelihood that it is a combination of genes and environment which makes a person gay. There was actually some pretty good science behind it though.
Did they check in twins being one male andd one female, and the male was homo, how many of the females where lesbian. ?

Did they check in twins being one male andd one female, and the male was homo, how many of the females where lesbian. ?

Not that I know of mate, as there wouldn't be much point. Identical twins are the same egg split in 2 so the genes are 100% the same, everything that is different about identicals is environment related. Hence why it makes for a good test. Other twins is just the equivalent of a mother having 2 different kids at the same time, might as well be 9 months apart, they're just regular siblings with a different split of mum and dad's genetics.

If you take into account the final League positions for seasons 1969/70 - 1974/75 you get this...

Derby County FC 4 1 7 3 1

Liverpool 5 3 1 2 2

Dirty, dirty Leeds 2 2 3 1 9

which means that technically, based on a weighting for actually winning the title, Derby were "by far, the greatest team, the world has ever seen" for this five year period.

I will, of course, accept your full apology with the utmost grace.:D:D:D

If you take into account the final League positions for seasons 1969/70 - 1974/75 you get this...

Derby County FC 4 1 7 3 1

Liverpool 5 3 1 2 2

Dirty, dirty Leeds 2 2 3 1 9

which means that technically, based on a weighting for actually winning the title, Derby were "by far, the greatest team, the world has ever seen" for this five year period.

I will, of course, accept your full apology with the utmost grace.:D:D:D

I apologise oh master of all knowledge....you are the king..i am nothing.

But, let's be honest...you are clutching at straws with the "weighting for winning" line aren't you...

The best team always wins the league, we won it twice, we were the best team twice.

Archived