Tom glick on the train to palace!!!

trooper

Caught the 10.20 train to palace yesterday and who happened to be on the train?? Tom glick.. Although a few people were being all nice to him I decided to get straight to the point!!

Where's the f**king money I asked... I got the old( in a American accent) oh C'mon pal give me a break!! But he did say that we are not yet self sufficient. He also said ( although prob spin) that there will be a huge re-build in the summer and there is a wanted list.. I asked him if nugent was on the list to which he replied no he isn't but Tyson is someone we are interested in! Told him to expect a potential backlash on that one.. Also questioned him about Frank fielding to which he said it was a oversight and could not say to much due to potential trouble from the league!! But he did say to expect a announcement on may 9th!!

To be honest he came across as a fairly decent fella and was happy to chat for 10-15 minutes about the situation! Asked him the big question we all want to know.... When are the yanks selling up.. He asked if that is what I'd like.. I replied yes if you don't concentrate on the playing side of things.

He said we have to get our house in order before we go big!! ( prob bull) but I reminded him that they seem more interested in curry nights and things like that than the team!

Let's just see if he was talking tosh or not!!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Caught the 10.20 train to palace yesterday and who happened to be on the train?? Tom glick.. Although a few people were being all nice to him I decided to get straight to the point!!

Where's the f**king money I asked... I got the old( in a American accent) oh C'mon pal give me a break!! But he did say that we are not yet self sufficient. He also said ( although prob spin) that there will be a huge re-build in the summer and there is a wanted list.. I asked him if nugent was on the list to which he replied no he isn't but Tyson is someone we are interested in! Told him to expect a potential backlash on that one.. Also questioned him about Frank fielding to which he said it was a oversight and could not say to much due to potential trouble from the league!! But he did say to expect a announcement on may 9th!!

To be honest he came across as a fairly decent fella and was happy to chat for 10-15 minutes about the situation! Asked him the big question we all want to know.... When are the yanks selling up.. He asked if that is what I'd like.. I replied yes if you don't concentrate on the playing side of things.

He said we have to get our house in order before we go big!! ( prob bull) but I reminded him that they seem more interested in curry nights and things like that than the team!

I certainly hope you asked your question a little more elequantly than "Where's the f**king money", or I would have been surprised if he entertained any form of conversation with you.

I wouldn't have thought there would be a backlash if we were to sign Tyson. From what I have seen of the player, I would welcome it irrespective of what has gone on before.

I'm so surprised at the transparency of the answers he gave. So surprised that I have to be a little suspicious of the credibility of the whole conversation.

I say well done Trooper for having the balls to ask pointed questions. I dare say a lot of folk would have bottled it and discussed the weather instead.

We will have to wait and see what transpires now won't we?

I say well done Trooper for having the balls to ask pointed questions. I dare say a lot of folk would have bottled it and discussed the weather instead.

We will have to wait and see what transpires now won't we?

Fair play to Trooper for asking, fair play to Tom Glick for answering his questions.

All very interesting trooper. Has your chat with him changed your opinion about him at all? I know the main problem is with the investors and glick takes the flak but I would be interested to know if he has changed your view? Also if we invest this summer and bring some players in wouldyou start to accept gse?

Interesting Trooper, this bit still doesn't add up though, we're still having to cut costs to become self-sufficient, yet we're going to be re-building (again) in the summer.

Apart from shedding Savage's wages, what are we going to re-build with, and what type of player are we going to get on less money than the rubbish we already have at the club?

Having said that, Fielding is a good start.

That'll teach Glick not to give his Butler the day off.

As for Tyson....... another player who can't shoot or cross? Sounds a bit of a gamble.

What's with the sudden obsession to get pace in the squad? We didn't have pace in November. We had Kuqi!!! All this pace is lovely but their needs to be an end product. I like the idea of Ward staying. He looks like a good footballer. Robinson will provide some decent cover if he can make better use of the positions he gets in. But despite having a slow squad we haven't really been exposed for pace too many times. It's been about quality. The quality of service to strikers. The quality in the final third. And goals from midfield players has been pretty awful with the exception of Commons.

Pace is nice to have...... but why have we suddenly decided that it's pace this squad needs! What about decent service and goals from midfield.

(this bit will sound a bit miserable. It's just a bit of a worry for me) How many goals and decent through balls/ crosses will fast players like Pearson, Robinson and Tyson provide?

I'm hoping they can be developed. Because last summer we wanted players with heart willing to but their bodies on the line for Derby. We got those and we've lacked quality at times. This summer the target is pace. Is anyone worried we might be sitting here next year with a fast team lacking quality?

Sorry to be negative. I just personally don't know how much more Tyson can offer than say Pearson, Croft and Martin could. Should we re-sign Teale? Just want to see an end product. Commons wasn't fast...... he did alright.

Interesting Trooper, this bit still doesn't add up though, we're still having to cut costs to become self-sufficient, yet we're going to be re-building (again) in the summer.

Apart from shedding Savage's wages, what are we going to re-build with, and what type of player are we going to get on less money than the rubbish we already have at the club?

Having said that, Fielding is a good start.

2 players that I think that will be gone are Bywater and Leacock, the transfer fees and wages will be quite a lot of the money to cover the new players

2 players that I think that will be gone are Bywater and Leacock, the transfer fees and wages will be quite a lot of the money to cover the new players

Am not sure whether there will be any likely takers for Bywater, Leacock or any of our players come to think of it.

The only way we can rid ourselves of them will be free transfers and that will cost us money.

We tried to offload a number of players a season or two back when practically the entire squad was there for the taking and we had no offers.

It's all 100% true.. Though I just said where's all the money not f'ing although that's what I wanted to say!!

I am possibly the boards biggest hater but he came across a decent bloke, still want them out though!! And to be honest I was surprised how open he was with me.. Depends if it was lies or not!

It's all 100% true.. Though I just said where's all the money not f'ing although that's what I wanted to say!!

I am possibly the boards biggest hater but he came across a decent bloke, still want them out though!! And to be honest I was surprised how open he was with me.. Depends if it was lies or not!

it all lies just to get you to buy your season ticket again:rolleyes:

Norfolk u say has my opinion changed towards the man? Yes! He came across as a decent fella and was willing to answer what I asked him and was not just trying to clear me off, seemed a genuine guy!

Have my views on the board changed?? No! Still want them out and believe that they had there chance last season to make a impact! Even in January they could of done more to get players in!

Nice bloke but for me.... Board out

I'd love to be positive, I really would, but all I can see is another round of cheapos, gambles and injury prones, then when it dawns on them that we're still shi-ite, another round of re-building with cheapos, gambles etc. etc.

What happened to the plan of a Barker-esque signing every window?

I'd rather one decent signing than 6 gambles, which is what I've been saying for the last 3 years.

there wont be any significant transfer fees for those two im afraid.

they havent been good enough for a disappointing/relegation threatend championship club i cant see there being a queue of takers for them in the summer.

ill be happy if we just get them off the books without having to pay them off.

in fact id pay leacock to go out of my own pocket.

Archived