Tom glick on the train to palace!!!

trooper

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i would rather people were polite and civil to the guy.

he had the decency to answer quite a few questions

i'd have asked him why he was travelling on the train.

That'll teach Glick not to give his Butler the day off.

As for Tyson....... another player who can't shoot or cross? Sounds a bit of a gamble.

What's with the sudden obsession to get pace in the squad? We didn't have pace in November. We had Kuqi!!! All this pace is lovely but their needs to be an end product. I like the idea of Ward staying. He looks like a good footballer. Robinson will provide some decent cover if he can make better use of the positions he gets in. But despite having a slow squad we haven't really been exposed for pace too many times. It's been about quality. The quality of service to strikers. The quality in the final third. And goals from midfield players has been pretty awful with the exception of Commons.

Pace is nice to have...... but why have we suddenly decided that it's pace this squad needs! What about decent service and goals from midfield.

(this bit will sound a bit miserable. It's just a bit of a worry for me) How many goals and decent through balls/ crosses will fast players like Pearson, Robinson and Tyson provide?

I'm hoping they can be developed. Because last summer we wanted players with heart willing to but their bodies on the line for Derby. We got those and we've lacked quality at times. This summer the target is pace. Is anyone worried we might be sitting here next year with a fast team lacking quality?

Sorry to be negative. I just personally don't know how much more Tyson can offer than say Pearson, Croft and Martin could. Should we re-sign Teale? Just want to see an end product. Commons wasn't fast...... he did alright.

Goals from midfield awful apart from commons?

Wot about Bueno and Cywka? And Savage admittedly both his goals are pens). Or Green . Even Pearson got a goal yesterday. And James Bailey got one.

Goals from midfield awful apart from commons?

Wot about Bueno and Cywka? And Savage admittedly both his goals are pens). Or Green . Even Pearson got a goal yesterday. And James Bailey got one.

For the Reds Lewis McGugan has scored more than our whole midfield put together.. Cywka and Bueno are AMs, if they're played correctly they will score/create goals like they did in Oct/Nov..

If you've got a goalscoring midfielder you generally finish higher up the league. Whittingham for Cardiff consistantly bags like 10 a season.. One year he had like 17 or something daft like that. Reading had Sigurdsson last year who scored like 23..

Or best goalscoring midfielders of recent years are probably Oakley and Idiakez.. Who both had around 7 or 8 in our playoff seasons..

Just out of curiosity, Ben Davies in recent years has been a goalscoring midfielder.. Has he ever looked like scoring for Derby?

I've saw him have one decent effort against N.Forest.. and that's about it.

We should have signed Ambrose from Palace when we had the chance.. He would contribute to around 15 goals a year with goals and assists.

Norfolk u say has my opinion changed towards the man? Yes! He came across as a decent fella and was willing to answer what I asked him and was not just trying to clear me off, seemed a genuine guy!

Have my views on the board changed?? No! Still want them out and believe that they had there chance last season to make a impact! Even in January they could of done more to get players in!

Nice bloke but for me.... Board out

Darn it…I should have just taken him out when I had the chance.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/49016000/jpg/_49016676_glick226

Interesting Trooper, this bit still doesn't add up though, we're still having to cut costs to become self-sufficient, yet we're going to be re-building (again) in the summer

This is why the balance of the supposed £50million investment I've been banging on about for the past few years is so important.

There's nothing to trade on. It's like having a fleet of bangers, no money to buy fresh stock, yet everyone expecting Clough to operate a prestige car business!

All this spouting off about running DCFC on sound business principals completely misses the point that no business can run without proper investment in 'the thing that it does'.

GSE's plan is a pile of w@nk and I can't beleive that Glick is still on about cutting costs FFS. What is it people have been warning about - you know, crap product, less paying punters, cut the costs again etc etc.

GSE have us on a downward spiral and - as predicted - the myopic members of the fan base take it out on the manager.

If they don't spend properly this summer I truly hope there is one almighty backlash. In reality, I expect just another few thousand not buying season tickets, which means they'll reduce the manager's budget yet again and the club continues to die the death of a thousand cuts.

Anyone see that series Episodes recently, taking the rip out of the Americans and their insincere weasel-words? That was comedy, but could have been TG's speach writer!

There's nothing to trade on. It's like having a fleet of bangers, no money to buy fresh stock, yet everyone expecting Clough to operate a prestige car business!

But even if you have a fleet of bangers, you still have to know how to sell them, how to look after them, know which ones are best and how much they are worth....

Norfolk u say has my opinion changed towards the man? Yes! He came across as a decent fella and was willing to answer what I asked him and was not just trying to clear me off, seemed a genuine guy!

Have my views on the board changed?? No! Still want them out and believe that they had there chance last season to make a impact! Even in January they could of done more to get players in!

Nice bloke but for me.... Board out

Fair play can't argue with that. But if the board invested this summer would your view change then? Say two or three freebies or cheaper signings and then a couple of half million players followed by a Barker type fee? Just a rough guide.

I only ask cause I wonder what it would take to turn fans views on then. Lets face it if they spent £5 million on transfers then no one could argue about them investing on players.

But even if you have a fleet of bangers, you still have to know how to sell them, how to look after them, know which ones are best and how much they are worth....

Duracell, if he didn't we'd be down already. By this comment do I take it that you're another fan who knows more about football management than the people who do it for a living?

Let's not turn this into another Clough doesn't know what he's doing thread, eh.

Darn it…I should have just taken him out when I had the chance.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/49016000/jpg/_49016676_glick226

I honestly don't know what it would take, maybe it would be too little to late.. We had our good run and were doing well, commons, and moxey leaving and us being already short has kicked the stuffing out of the fans!

January for me was there chance to show there intentions with the club when we needed a lift!

GSE have us on a downward spiral and - as predicted - the myopic members of the fan base take it out on the manager.

Nigel has played a big part in his own downfall of support; the confusing, negative tactics, the very public slating of players, the refusal to change anything, despite conceding in the last ten minutes too frequently etc.

Nigel has played a big part in his own downfall of support; the confusing, negative tactics, the very public slating of players, the refusal to change anything, despite conceding in the last ten minutes too frequently etc.

Dont bother, Clough lovers fail to see any of this.

Archived