Tom glick on the train to palace!!!

trooper

I think it is essential to clubs like us to have academy in very hihg priority of things. Players like Conor Wickham are already making name of themselves even here in Finland. Teams like Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham are reported to being interested of him. It will give Derby a higher profile if the academy can produce some talented players now and then. And that can`t hurt us when times are hard as they now are.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What was Uttox Ram saying about Clough haters grabbing any stick to beat him with....? :rolleyes:

Managers don't do the deals any more bud, that one's squarely in TG's court.

I did think the 'yeah we know about that' comment weird, but dismissed it as a). not wanting to show Glick up or b). playing on words meaning we knew about that before Gibbo brought it up.

Either way, it's TG's department.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz sorry...oh its you zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzz sorry...oh its you zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Stop it, stop it - my sides are splitting, RamNut! Oh you are a one.

<wipes tears of laughter from his eyes>

You tried to blame Clough for Glick cocking up the Fielding loan. Uttox was right, some 'fans' grab any old shitty stick to try and beat Clough with. Bring back Paul Jewell I say!

I think it is essential to clubs like us to have academy in very hihg priority of things. Players like Conor Wickham are already making name of themselves even here in Finland. Teams like Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham are reported to being interested of him. It will give Derby a higher profile if the academy can produce some talented players now and then. And that can`t hurt us when times are hard as they now are.

From what I have heard, can't remember where but the academy was in dire need of sorting out when Cloigh got here, it is a long process to do this as we need to build the reputation up and make it more appealing. Darren Wassell is doing a very good job from all accounts. And it will be a good crop of lads coming into the u-18's soon. Like I said though it was I have heard and not seen, so I could be well off the mark.

Bring back Paul Jewell I say!

According to your logic then why not? He knows more about managing a football team than any of us so therefore a) he shouldn't have got sacked and b) we shouldn't say he did anything wrong, as we don't know how to manage a team and after all every manager makes mistakes don't they?

Or does that only apply to Nigel? Or is it because he had more money and therefore mistakes aren't allowed but they are if you have less money?

Completely agree with Pete.

Yes, Clough may have made a few duff calls this season but that's all part of the development process. Let's not pretend that managers of his age are finished articles, they have to learn as well - lets at least give someone a chance. What is to be achieved by getting rid and allowing someone else to rebuild? Just more, repetitive instability.

It seems like Clough has a group of players that respect him, so let's at least hope he is given the opportunity by the board to bring in some more experienced players in the summer - the Aldi/Netto analogy is right. With what he has been given, it's not surprising every signing hasn't worked. Not many people refer to Brayford, which has been a great signing. If he fails when (if!) given a proper budget and a decent go at it judge him then.

He has still kept us in the league, at a relatively consistent position to when he took over whilst reducing the wages by over 50%...whether this is the progress people want to see is debatable, but like it or not, it is progress.

Also, those having a pop for players he didn't sign, is ridiculous. There will be so many reasons Clough didn’t sign players he can't surely be judged on this basis.

I like Glick, he is simply in a hard job and is trying his hardest to give himself something to play with.. I don't like how people are against him, I genuinely believe some people don't really understand whats going on behind the scenes and they think that Glick is supposed to give money into the club and is part owner, when infact he is employed by Appleby to just over-see what goes on and that is his job, with this he has managed to bring in vast sums of money through other areas.

I can understand why Clough is looking at Nathan Tyson, he is number one on his **** bank! He wants a player who is fast (Tyson is the fastest player i've seen in football) and everytime he comes up against us, he turns into ronaldo and causes us some damage. I understand this however from what I can gather he is a frustrating player with no end product. I also wouldn't want to know what sort of wages he'll be on, if Forest **** up, they're likely to cut their losses for next season so Tyson, Earnshaw..etc amongst others will be gone to cover their unsustainable wage bill.

I can understand why Clough is looking at Nathan Tyson, he is number one on his **** bank! He wants a player who is fast (Tyson is the fastest player i've seen in football) and everytime he comes up against us, he turns into ronaldo and causes us some damage. I understand this however from what I can gather he is a frustrating player with no end product. I also wouldn't want to know what sort of wages he'll be on, if Forest **** up, they're likely to cut their losses for next season so Tyson, Earnshaw..etc amongst others will be gone to cover their unsustainable wage bill.

We have enough of those in the squad at the moment so no thanks.

I like Glick, he is simply in a hard job and is trying his hardest to give himself something to play with.. I don't like how people are against him, I genuinely believe some people don't really understand whats going on behind the scenes and they think that Glick is supposed to give money into the club and is part owner, when infact he is employed by Appleby to just over-see what goes on and that is his job, with this he has managed to bring in vast sums of money through other areas.

Maybe people are frustrated as Glick is reportably on an awfull lot of money to do his job and many fans dont think he is doing that.

Archived