Nathan Tyson

Briggsy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it isn't easy but it is a way you could play your way out of this division if you had good footballers. The philosophy is very simple, pass and move it seems to work for most teams.

What you mean like Arsenal? Pretty football generally doesn't work, I much prefer efficient football (the likes of Chelsea and Manure)

What you mean like Arsenal? Pretty football generally doesn't work, I much prefer efficient football (the likes of Chelsea and Manure)

barcelona? arsenal still have done pretty well this season and that pretty football also made them go 38 games unbeaten in the league with one of the best teams ever assembled. QPR have harly been ugly to watch this season, burley played excellent football with us we were pretty successful with that. Even when clough got us playing for the first time in 2 years we had reached the dizzy heights of 4th

barcelona? arsenal still have done pretty well this season and that pretty football also made them go 38 games unbeaten in the league with one of the best teams ever assembled. QPR have harly been ugly to watch this season, burley played excellent football with us we were pretty successful with that. Even when clough got us playing for the first time in 2 years we had reached the dizzy heights of 4th

You said it works for most teams. It works for Barcelona, doesn't for Arsenal, QPR aren't a "nice" to watch. You say it worked for Burley, "ugly" football also worked for Billy in the promotion season. It doesn't work for most teams.

it does for arsenal, they spend very little and are still a top 4 team, if they invested in a top notch cb and gk they would romp the league, from what i have seen at qpr they aren't bad to watch. It did work for burley, free flowing good passing teams for me generally can work just as much if not better than rubbish football.

it does for arsenal, they spend very little and are still a top 4 team, if they invested in a top notch cb and gk they would romp the league, from what i have seen at qpr they aren't bad to watch. It did work for burley, free flowing good passing teams for me generally can work just as much if not better than rubbish football.

Ugly football is a very bad term to use. More efficient teams generally do better than pretty teams, therefore their football is better.

barcelona, arsenal, qpr, swansea, the list goes on and on

Arsenal haven't won a trophy in 6 years, that's not successful. QPR don't play the kind of football your referring to. I could name twice as many (at least) efficient teams that have been successful.

one example does not prove anything. That's why I used the word generally.

You could say that the managers forming the other teams haven't done their jobs well enough, hence why the pretty football doesn't always work.

You could also say that very few teams play attractive football, so it's hard to judge. If 19 teams out of 20 play different football to the team playing like Barcelona, is it fair to say that as a whole the other types are more effective, when in reality it's because there are so few teams playing in the stylish way?

have you looked at the money they have spent? it is a miracle they are a top 4 side still with the little they have spent, they also produced a side which played the league season unbeaten and was one of the best football teams to grace england, they played beautiful football.

have you looked at the money they have spent? it is a miracle they are a top 4 side still with the little they have spent, they also produced a side which played the league season unbeaten and was one of the best football teams to grace england, they played beautiful football.

That's due to Arsenal managing to sign many talented youngsters for small fee's, nothing to do with the style of football they play. Their style hinders them imo.

That side played at least 8 years ago (probably 10), that isn't relevant to football nowadays in the slightest.

Well, if he does sign for us he will offer us lots of options down the left flank. He is likely being looked at as an experienced alternative to Robinson. Many footballers these days are mercenaries anyhow. Tyson is a Reading fan, he just happened to be playing for the Red Dogs and stirred up the trouble to get their fans up. Savage did some similar things when he was playing for Leicester against us. Charlie Geoarge wasen't too popular in Derby after he stuck two fingers up at the Baseball Ground when playing for the Gunners. He went on to be a Rams hero. If Tyson signs, he will be despised by many, probably on both sides of the Trent, so, it will be up to him to let his football do the talking.

Archived