The Excuse thread.

Boycie

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My gaffer rang me up one morning at about 6 to say "Not working today mate, left me boots outside in the rain". So can feel your pain Boycie!

I was 14 playing football on a Sunday morning once. Knew i shouldn't of gone. Had diarrhea. Got about 20 mins into first half, was honestly playing the best game i've ever played against our division title rivals and i felt my stomach start moving. Got real bad. So i waited for a decent 50/50, flew into it and pretended to get injured. When my manager asked if i could carry on because i'm playing well I said "I think i've done something to my toe. My toe nail has been torn." With that i came off and lets just say i made my way to to changing rooms on Alvaston Park to deal with my injury. Needed some plasters you see?

Next match i was left out. It was 0-0 when i went off. Finished 3-0 to us and the player who replaced me scored and set up another.

Next game we beat Ilkeston 8-3 and he scored again and set up a couple.

Got left out for a few more games.

All sounds a bit Robbie Savage...... but it was the worse Sunday morning in my life. :frown:

On the theme of trainers, funnily enough...

This weird girl in my tutor a few years ago didn't turn up to school for a couple of weeks.

When questioned about it, she said that she couldn't come because her trainers were stuck in the washing machine, so she couldn't leave the house.

:confused:

One girl rang in with "i've had a tongue stud fitted and its gone septic".

at one level its ok I suppose, stuff like that happens...the problem is, its a food manufacturing site - you're not allowed to have a tongue stud in the factory anyway..:confused:

written warning and an absence stage on return.

You don't get Downs over night you fool! unless it was a poor attempt at a joke.

If it was, that's my job.

The manager who took the call thought he said downs but it turned out to be irritable bowl syndrome. I know that you can't get it over night, it was the manager who took the call that didn't until I explained to him.:rolleyes:

Imagine when I walked into maths very late @ noel baker and I explained that I was late because my bullfinch had escaped from its cage when I was cleaning it, Mr Borg told me it was the best excuse he'd ever heard, sadly it was true......:eek:

Imagine when I walked into maths very late @ noel baker and I explained that I was late because my bullfinch had escaped from its cage when I was cleaning it, Mr Borg told me it was the best excuse he'd ever heard, sadly it was true......:eek:

Froggg you just went down in my estimates, Noel Baker? Pfft.... Merrill all the way:p so good they knocked it down!!:D

haha did he not have you up by the side burns?

yeah rynny but it was still a top school when I went back in the seventies:D our fights were always with the catholic:eek: school just up the road...can't remember what it was called....

St. Thomas was it? Well that is what Merrill lower was called before it changed.

Archived