Nigel Clough praises North Stand Block A...

therams69

Hi all,

Take it for what it is and dont get lead astray by other issues surrounding the gaffer.... :)

"From where we sit in the dugout, theres a group in the top left who just seem to continuously sing and give us support and everything" "They should never think for one minute that its not heard or appreciated or recognised" Nigel Clough on RamsPlayer pre Leicester talking about the NORTH STAND BLOCK A !!!

This was the above quote the gaffer used on Ramsplayer when talking about the fixture v Leicester pre game. Check it out after 3 mins 30 secs.

Not to late to join for the Hull game next Tuesday night, we now have 90 fans confirmed in Block A for this game. If you are a season ticket holder I can change you over, I just need your customer number and address sending to webster23@hotmail.co.uk Collection from Frankie and Bennys outside main reception between 1730 and 1930.

If you dont wish for me to do it you can change the ticket yourself, either for one game or the season by popping into the ticket office, they will assist in your move and already change many over for us pre game or on day of game.

Its nice to be appreciated by the gaffer as alot of hard work has been put in to try and make this work as an additional area to make noise and support the lads so we are overwhelmed at his comments.

North Stand Block A is something different, if you want to sing and bounce for 90 minutes and support the lads then Block A is the place to be. We just need the numbers to improve the volume.

Remember your black and white scarfs if your coming along to the party!!

Nick

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice one Nick. Going to get my Brother's customer number and move us over for the Hull Game.

Good stuff matey, I personally think the Hull game will be the loudest and most active we have ever been so should be fun!

Dan - yes fully agree.... Good job we have a sitting down song as well!!!

Nick

Good stuff matey, I personally think the Hull game will be the loudest and most active we have ever been so should be fun!

Dan - yes fully agree.... Good job we have a sitting down song as well!!!

Nick

The ultra movement which is so prominent on the continent should, well, actually needs, to be adopted by english clubs.

It'll never happen here but just 10% of this utterly fantastic support would completely change the atmosphere here in the UK.

Lech Poznan - i salute you.

Looking forward to switching for the Leeds game!!!

Sometimes hard to hear you from the SE. Just like you can't hear us. (that's a good thing for you considering some of the cringe-worthy songs we get).

But your positive mindset will be a big draw for a lot of fans i think. It's certainly what we need right now.

5 years from now it'd be nice to have the North Stand with support to rival Lech Poznan!!

All the best fellas!!

UTR

Looking forward to switching for the Leeds game!!!

Sometimes hard to hear you from the SE. Just like you can't hear us. (that's a good thing for you considering some of the cringe-worthy songs we get).

But your positive mindset will be a big draw for a lot of fans i think. It's certainly what we need right now.

5 years from now it'd be nice to have the North Stand with support to rival Lech Poznan!!

All the best fellas!!

UTR

Leeds away we will get outsung in all directions but rest assured the number of songs sung and effort will far outweigh anyone else!! LOL!!

Yeah we are positive for 90 minutes during the game, if the guys then wish to protest or do whatever after the game thats cool, but for 90 minutes we sing and be proud to be from DERBY!!!

Look forward to seeing you Alpha!!

Nick

The ultra movement which is so prominent on the continent should, well, actually needs, to be adopted by english clubs.

It'll never happen here but just 10% of this utterly fantastic support would completely change the atmosphere here in the UK.

Lech Poznan - i salute you.

Ha! just mentioned Poznan in my post too. They really are setting a fine example aren't they.

Massive organisation though. Lots of effort must go into that support they have from those "ultras".

Be brilliant to reach that level.

Surely that's the target though Nick? Some inspiring Poznan stuff on youtube.

Turin. U-12's match. At home. At Man City.... brilliant.

Ha! just mentioned Poznan in my post too. They really are setting a fine example aren't they.

Massive organisation though. Lots of effort must go into that support they have from those "ultras".

Be brilliant to reach that level.

Surely that's the target though Nick? Some inspiring Poznan stuff on youtube.

Turin. U-12's match. At home. At Man City.... brilliant.

I like the ultra stuff yes, but one thing we cannot do is even try to bring that to PPS, we are so limited on what we can do in a new ground, wonder why Palace get away with it, cos they have the ideal location in an old ground.

When we originally started we wanted giant flags in the stand, numerous drums in the stand, all that we cant get due Health and Safety so cannot even come close to anything ultra type. So the best thing we can do is use some parts of the ultra lark and bring it in with what we can do...

We are something that is different to the SE corner, our mentality is different where if we go a goal down we just get louder. We bounce for longer etc....

Nick

I like the ultra stuff yes, but one thing we cannot do is even try to bring that to PPS, we are so limited on what we can do in a new ground, wonder why Palace get away with it, cos they have the ideal location in an old ground.

When we originally started we wanted giant flags in the stand, numerous drums in the stand, all that we cant get due Health and Safety so cannot even come close to anything ultra type. So the best thing we can do is use some parts of the ultra lark and bring it in with what we can do...

We are something that is different to the SE corner, our mentality is different where if we go a goal down we just get louder. We bounce for longer etc....

Nick

If your numbers start to get larger, then I'd imagine your influence will start to grow. With a few negotiations I reckon flags and drums will at least be let in

If your numbers start to get larger, then I'd imagine your influence will start to grow. With a few negotiations I reckon flags and drums will at least be let in

Maybe so mate but the bigger we get the more of an issue the standing becomes etc....

We have a great rapport with the stewards though in our area and they love and support what we do which helps....

Nick

Nick

Why are other clubs allowed flags? the anfield kop, Palace, to name 2.

As far i'm concerned PP should cater for everyone, at the moment it caters for the sterile health and safety type.

Dont get me wrong there is a place for old, young, families and anyone who wants to watch DCFC, but please god give us back our right to support the club how we want! Don't make everyone conform to the H&S template of the safe supporter.

Depending on numbers whole blocks should be set aside for people to do as they please, i even support flares, never mind flags. It's time people stood up to 'the man' and took back the right to support as we wish!

Why are other clubs allowed flags? the anfield kop, Palace, to name 2.

As far i'm concerned PP should cater for everyone, at the moment it caters for the sterile health and safety type.

Dont get me wrong there is a place for old, young, families and anyone who wants to watch DCFC, but please god give us back our right to support the club how we want! Don't make everyone conform to the H&S template of the safe supporter.

Depending on numbers whole blocks should be set aside for people to do as they please, i even support flares, never mind flags. It's time people stood up to 'the man' and took back the right to support as we wish!

LOL!! Good rant!!!

We have had numerous meetings with the club, both at director level and the h and s manager and we have a good relationship.

Basically, its down to a group of safety advisors such as ambulance, fire, council etc that grant PPS its license. It is quite clear to see that Derby has very strict rules surrounding the above hence the reason alot of the above mentioned are not permitted, its not the club. The club cannot change this as the minute.

You may remember the Brazil Ukraine game at PPS where all the above was in the stands, that was played under FIFA regulations which allows it all, where as our body dont. They are obviously more relaxed down the road at Leicester with a drum and also at Anfield.

We are working to change it though and as long we all stay responsible within the group to the end of the season we will once again challenege these rules. Of course if we were all causing trouble and doing things behind the clubs back than they wouldnt help us so after this season when we have proved ourselves we will sit round the table and discuss going forward....

Nick

LOL!! Good rant!!!

We have had numerous meetings with the club, both at director level and the h and s manager and we have a good relationship.

Basically, its down to a group of safety advisors such as ambulance, fire, council etc that grant PPS its license. It is quite clear to see that Derby has very strict rules surrounding the above hence the reason alot of the above mentioned are not permitted, its not the club. The club cannot change this as the minute.

You may remember the Brazil Ukraine game at PPS where all the above was in the stands, that was played under FIFA regulations which allows it all, where as our body dont. They are obviously more relaxed down the road at Leicester with a drum and also at Anfield.

We are working to change it though and as long we all stay responsible within the group to the end of the season we will once again challenege these rules. Of course if we were all causing trouble and doing things behind the clubs back than they wouldnt help us so after this season when we have proved ourselves we will sit round the table and discuss going forward....

Nick

I just think its a crying shame that active discrimination takes place between governing bodies and even at club level. I suppose i just miss the popside but PP as a ground is dead to me, always will be.

Its far to easy for people to sit there and chunter away to there friends, imagine doing that in the bear pit that was the popside, you'd be trodden to death!

It's not impossible to do what Poznan do. The video that dantheram posted is absolutely awesome, the organisation to get that to work must be top notch.

We may not be able to use flares and the like, but i bet we could get them round to letting us use lights or something. The thing i've not understood about football is how the songs haven't evolved along with the dances, flags, demonstrations, fan art. They've been actively discouraged since the 80's, i suppose because of the tribal fighting that went on back then. The worlds moved on, and English football has let fandom grow stale.

Festival atmospheres inside football stadiums are completely possible. Maybe if the football had been better over the last couple of seasons the support of both Derby and the Block A guys may have grown quicker.

The likes of Lech Poznan, Panathainakos, Galatasary, Fenerbache and Spartak Moscow all have awesome crowds..

However when you look at the videos, the guys doing all the jumping etc.. Is a huge group of adult males.. You can see spotted on the outskirts a few women and kids who I assume want to be close but not directly in it..

Around in England, the fans seem more family oriented.. It's alot more commercial than your Eastern European football.. IMO it will be impossible to ever create that sort of atmosphere, especially in a 'comfy' stadium like PP.

The easiest way I can describe is, IMO, is that English football is like a theatre and Eastern European Football is like a rock concert. Both offer entertainment, however whilst one is incredibly safe with the odd applause, the other is crazy with constant jumping and shouting. In a theatre you pay to be entertained by whats on stage, in a rock concert you pay to be apart of an atmosphere and will generally party regardless of how good the band is.

Archived