Nigel Clough praises North Stand Block A...

therams69

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys I made a valid point about the SE corner We are Derby song last week and I still stand by my point...... How many other games this year have you heard the SE corner sing we are derby for 20 minutes or so??

Random songs, they all dont need to be associated with Derby County, they can be used as a way of jeering everyone up.... If you are criticising us for singing certain songs why dont you come up in to Block A and have some input?

We have 90 minutes to sing songs, plenty of time and we DO sing for 90 minutes, so yet again I will say it, plenty of time to sing classic Derby songs along with new songs. Look how many times there was no noise coming from the corner, why not use that time to sing some random songs and enjoy yourselves.... :D:D:D

dcfc_kev - yes mate we gave it a go last night..... Please lets not have this whole arguement of copying songs.... :D:D

We sing so many songs that I bet if we went through the list everyone would have been copied at some point...

Personally I thought we were quiet last night for the numbers, that being said other fans in other areas thought we were the noisiest ever so confused.com I think on that!!!

Nick

For goodness sake, all clubs copy each other with songs :rolleyes:

The Barmy Army could sing "You'll Never Walk Alone" for all I care, as long as they're trying to make some sort of noise.

The funny thing is there are some fans who would rather sit in silence.

Keep it going lads, you're making home games far more enjoyable.

The Barmy Army could sing "You'll Never Walk Alone" for all I care, as long as they're trying to make some sort of noise.

Praise the Lord!!! Thanks Duracell....... And for your support as ever!!

Nick

Had a good niight on A block. Was meant to 6 of us moving over but ended up being just me and my brother making it. Constant singing all game.

I would like to say wl done to the whole ground for staying positive and not getting at the players when something went wrong. It was a refreshing change.

Echoed. I don't particularly like some of the songs but let's get the noise and people there first and worry about the words afterwards. It was never going to happen overnight. I'm just glad alot of the BA appear to have thick skin as with some of the responses they get on here, they must question why the hell they go out their way to improve our atmosphere. There may not be a 3-5 year plan on the football pitch but I think now we're beginning to have one in the stands and it will take time for it to come good and for it to become unique and synonymous with Derby but here's hoping.

Guys I made a valid point about the SE corner We are Derby song last week and I still stand by my point...... How many other games this year have you heard the SE corner sing we are derby for 20 minutes or so??

So you're saying that a steady drone of Dale Cavese spurs the team on more than a constant full-volume "We are Derby" from the south east corner?

Don't get me wrong, I applaud what you're doing, but there are certainly better ways to get behind the team than Dale Cavese.

Echoed. I don't particularly like some of the songs but let's get the noise and people there first and worry about the words afterwards. It was never going to happen overnight. I'm just glad alot of the BA appear to have thick skin as with some of the responses they get on here, they must question why the hell they go out their way to improve our atmosphere. There may not be a 3-5 year plan on the football pitch but I think now we're beginning to have one in the stands and it will take time for it to come good and for it to become unique and synonymous with Derby but here's hoping.

yes we are thick skinned (we support derby) and if everyone in the ground hated us... then TOUGH, we do it cos A we want to make the games a better experience for people to attend and B cos we enjoy it.

earlier someone moaned about us not being very vocal last night and how we sang dale cavese.. why not get ya arse into the north stand block a and see if u can make a improvement yourself!!!! no thought not!

i personally did not like the celtic song.. made no sense to me, BUT i would never criticise anyone for singing it... lets go on about a video i have seen of the s/e corner..and i know a few from north sang it too, i personally sang it as viva alberto.., it was everywhere we go, everywhere we go, its the derby boys making all the noise everywhere we go???? now that is a away song if ever ive heard one>>>lets all start slating everyone for that.

end of the day to all the haters....YOU DO BETTER.. or lets just sit and moan about the team- board-clough- the weather-cold seats- soggy pasty... then at the end of the game we can complain about how quiete we were for 90 minutes and how the away team outsang us!!

So you're saying that a steady drone of Dale Cavese spurs the team on more than a constant full-volume "We are Derby" from the south east corner?

Don't get me wrong, I applaud what you're doing, but there are certainly better ways to get behind the team than Dale Cavese.

Well the gaffer and players appreciated the noise so that kind of answers that question... Thats on record to as you know...

A one off full volume from the SE corner, like I say, it has only happened once this season and the song very previous to that was "sack the board" during play.... How does that exactly spur on the lads??? Now if the SE corner were to sing that on a Tuesday night game v Hull then great, but it didnt happen did it?

I dont want to argue with the SE corner but please do not criticise our area for making noise, its irrelevant what the song is... I dont think our players stand on the pitch and listen to a song and think Oh right thats "oh when the rams go marching in....." Any noise is support and shows you care and doing your bit!!

Nick

Thanks SillyBilly, good points made mate!

yes we are thick skinned (we support derby) and if everyone in the ground hated us... then TOUGH, we do it cos A we want to make the games a better experience for people to attend and B cos we enjoy it.

earlier someone moaned about us not being very vocal last night and how we sang dale cavese.. why not get ya arse into the north stand block a and see if u can make a improvement yourself!!!! no thought not!

i personally did not like the celtic song.. made no sense to me, BUT i would never criticise anyone for singing it... lets go on about a video i have seen of the s/e corner..and i know a few from north sang it too, i personally sang it as viva alberto.., it was everywhere we go, everywhere we go, its the derby boys making all the noise everywhere we go???? now that is a away song if ever ive heard one>>>lets all start slating everyone for that.

end of the day to all the haters....YOU DO BETTER.. or lets just sit and moan about the team- board-clough- the weather-cold seats- soggy pasty... then at the end of the game we can complain about how quiete we were for 90 minutes and how the away team outsang us!!

Great post Trooper!!!

Nick ;)

yes we are thick skinned (we support derby)

QUOTE]

like i say i only asked, i wasnt slating, i just wasnt sure if it was that or not.

I just wish, wherever, you sit/sing, that you would do it a bit more in tune than you do now. It was like having wailing cats behind me at Ssausagehorpe.

And you need to learn to raise your voices. You're all too low. It doesn't matter how many of you sing, if you sing in too low a tone it sounds crap. You should listen to Man U for inspiration.

I just wish, wherever, you sit/sing, that you would do it a bit more in tune than you do now. It was like having wailing cats behind me at Ssausagehorpe.

And you need to learn to raise your voices. You're all too low. It doesn't matter how many of you sing, if you sing in too low a tone it sounds crap. You should listen to Man U for inspiration.

is that meant to be a "you" or a "we"?

In tune?

High pitched?

Have you ever been to a football match....it aint a feckin choir ya know.

In tune?

Have you ever been to a football match....it aint a feckin choir ya know.

Course it is, of sorts.

My point is that clubs like Man U get organised. Our singing section is disorganised, sounds like a monotonous drone, lacking in inspiration, and sing the same old ***** songs week in week out. Any new ones we sing are what other teams have introduced. "Is that all you take away..." How crass is that when we can barely raise a thousand to go to away matches regularly?

And no, leave me out of making things better. I did my time in the 80's and 90's.

Course it is, of sorts.

My point is that clubs like Man U get organised. Our singing section is disorganised, sounds like a monotonous drone, lacking in inspiration, and sing the same old ***** songs week in week out. Any new ones we sing are what other teams have introduced. "Is that all you take away..." How crass is that when we can barely raise a thousand to go to away matches regularly?

And no, leave me out of making things better. I did my time in the 80's and 90's.[/QUOTE]

stop moaning then!

and as for singing is that all u take away... north stand do not sing that.. and yes it is crass cos our following is *****.. its prwetty embarrasing to be honest.. but thats out of our hands... there are 13/14 of us do every game..even friendlys, but we cant force people to come. i think 2k for sheff utd is not that good really.. its 40miles away!!

Course it is, of sorts.

And no, leave me out of making things better. I did my time in the 80's and 90's.

You talking about the SE Corner or our section there??? Our section is organised to a degree but only 6 months old so hard to knock surely? And we dont sing songs such as the above in our area my friend...

Shame you dont want to put some input or pass on your experience but each to there own I guess.... :)

Archived