£100

sage

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My Notts County mate has bet me £100 that Clough is sacked in the next 2 days and replaced by Steve MacLaren.

A) Anyone heard this rumour?

B) Should I take the bet?

I'd take that bet. But then I'm the guy who bet his Leeds supporting mate we'll finish higher than them and his Huddersfield mate that they'd get promoted before we got relegated.......I may not be the best person to offer advice on this.

I'd be amazed at both sides of that piece of news.

Firstly, can't see Clough being sacked. With the Gadsby news surely the current board/owners wouldn't want to rock the boat further.

Secondly, MacLaren's spent the last couple of years abroad raising his stock. Can't see him wanting to waste that by then coming back to us. Frankly, he's probably got much better options.

I can't see McClaren joining without a substantial transfer kitty being guaranteed. I can't see GSE doing that, so whilst we are under the current regime I think it's unlikely.

Of course Gadsby will have known McClaren from when he was on Lionel's board and will be happy to promise transfer funds (even if he has to borrow them). If the Gadsby bid builds then the bet looks a much better prospect.

Well it's now £1000 for Clough to be gone by the end of the week. Would fancy my chances but not got a grand to spare. It's too much money to bet with a friend.

Yeah, but you ain't going to lose. Think what you could do with a grand :rolleyes:

You could go on holiday, or even fill your car with petrol.

I'd feel guilty betting that much with someone who has special needs, but not for long. Life's too short.

The way i see it, the taxes i pay...pay for things like wheelchairs and ambulances. So i effectively paid for his stuff in the first place, so i wouldn't feel too guilty

The tax you pay goes to people on benifits.

Well it's now £1000 for Clough to be gone by the end of the week. Would fancy my chances but not got a grand to spare. It's too much money to bet with a friend.

If he is that confident tell him to go to the bookies and put the bet on infront of you. They will give him much better odds than evens and you could also place the bet. Everyones a winner!

Archived