The All new Clough out poll thread

davenportram

It's not me who thinks Clough is unique. It's the one's that want him out, they think he is unique and that any other manager would fair better just because they are a different manager.

Honestly, nobody offers a decent explanation into why they want him out and somebody else in, thinking miraculously any new dude will suddenly turn our fortunes around with the exact same lack of funding from the board.Man management, lets look at other players rather than the one's that lacked improvement? Brayford? Addison? S.Davies (i might be jumping the gun, but he will come good imo)? B.Davies looks a sound investment. Bailey?

I really wish the players that lack effort or are unwilling to understand basic instructions from the manager buck their idea's up. RE: Cywka, i like him, but he has dipped in form.

I really hope the board give Clough a break and invest in him.

You say this ,but I proffered quite a few things that a new broom may bring that could bring about better fortunes.

You on the other hand consider this impossible, I would suggest you have the problem, not others, are you any relation of "Center forward " by any chance, honestly, "no one can do better than Clough ", to me pal that is pathetic IMHO

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You say this ,but I proffered quite a few things that a new broom may bring that could bring about better fortunes.

You on the other hand consider this impossible, I would suggest you have the problem, not others, are you any relation of "Center forward " by any chance, honestly, "no one can do better than Clough ", to me pal that is pathetic IMHO

What difference would a new manager offer, freshness? Just a different face. He has the same players, the same budgets etc..

They would struggle, just the same (important word, same) as Clough.

So rather than, no one can do better than Clough, they can also do no worse. But offers nothing different.

Who is Center Forward?

I'm unsure on whether Clough can turn it around and have a real crack at promotion.. I admire some of his signings, but they're completely outshadowed by how he treats his players, how he organizes his teams and how his negative approach refelcts onto his players.

I also don't buy this crap this people spout saying there isn't anyone else out there that can do a decent job.. Remember people, he got this job because of his name, he was and IMO still is a League 2 manager at best.. He won promotion from a league that had a very level playing field (financially) after 10 years..

The likes of George Burley, Simmo and for e.g. Aidy Boothroyd have all tasted promtion in a more competitive division in lesser time. I'd love to see George Burley back here as manager, doubt he'd come though..

For what it's worth those that cry out for Sean O'Driscall IMO he isn't that good of a manager. Fantastic in the lower leagues (Like Dario Gradi of Crewe) but has found his level at lower Championship.. Reckon Donny will go down next year or the year after.

New managers can bring a massive change to a place.

If you think about every successful manager at the moment - he's probably bought about a change when he started there.

Lambert, Grayson, Mackay, Pearson - to name a few, although the latter has had a bit of money to spend at Hull

What difference would a new manager offer, freshness? Just a different face. He has the same players, the same budgets etc..

They would struggle, just the same (important word, same) as Clough.

So rather than, no one can do better than Clough, they can also do no worse. But offers nothing different.

Who is Center Forward?

Do you really believe that no other manager could do any better with this set of players.

Center forward, mmm, he was the champion Clough defender on NEP, if Clough had farted during the crowning ceremony at a Coronation, he would have said it was the Arch Bishops fault for lifting the crown up at the wrong moment.:D

Do you really believe that no other manager could do any better with this set of players.

Center forward, mmm, he was the champion Clough defender on NEP, if Clough had farted during the crowning ceremony at a Coronation, he would have said it was the Arch Bishops fault for lifting the crown up at the wrong moment.:D

I understand the fresh approach idea, but the points tally over a season will be similar under the same restraints as Clough.

I wouldn't go that far in defending Clough, i just sympathise and plead for investment so that Clough can have a fair chance.

If he fails, fair enough. I don't think he would though.

New managers can bring a massive change to a place.

If you think about every successful manager at the moment - he's probably bought about a change when he started there.

Lambert, Grayson, Mackay, Pearson - to name a few, although the latter has had a bit of money to spend at Hull

Lambert, Grayson and Pearson have all been allowed to invest significantly with transfer fee's and wage budgets in comparison to DCFC.

Lambert got Lansbury at Norwich, who were just promoted from League One. What a signing! Grayson was allowed to sign Schmeichal, what a signing!

Lambert got Lansbury at Norwich, who were just promoted from League One. What a signing! Grayson was allowed to sign Schmeichal, what a signing!

Fairly easy to defeat you on this one - Lansbury is on loan and Schmeichal was a free agent! Fairly sure with 'Barker Type Fee's' available, we could have gone for either one - whether Clough/Board would have attracted them here is a different thing!

Fairly easy to defeat you on this one - Lansbury is on loan and Schmeichal was a free agent! Fairly sure with 'Barker Type Fee's' available, we could have gone for either one - whether Clough/Board would have attracted them here is a different thing!

I don't feel defeated though, i highly doubt Clough is backed in any kind of transfer activity. Lansbury is a freakish one, but would love him here and Norwich have spent elsewhere. Lansbury was the first one that came to mind.

Schmichaels wages were to big when he was at Notts County, £15000 a week? I bet he's on similar at Leeds.

Our board, not Clough, wouldn't dream of paying a player that amount of cash in this division unless they'd seen him play week in week out. They don't understand football business for me, i don't doubt their bright idea's or previous success, but they won't succeed here with the plan they have.

And on that one - we completly agree.

I think if they changed their plan (i must go on, lol) and allowed Clough (or anyone for that matter) to sign 10 (TEN) new players, he'd (or they, whoever they are) succeed, they (the board) would also succeed. 6 to walk straight into the first team, Goalie, CB, LB, DM, AM, 2xCF and 4 for the development side of things.

That's all....

...but that shows just how far we've fallen under this board. That will never happen, it's going to be constant struggle and Clough will never get a fair crack, so maybe he should walk now. We may get relegated in the next few years unless this board invest NOW. We need to be getting them in, but i can't see it.

Ah, i wish i hadn't engaged in this discussion because i feel more and more depressed about DCFC's future.

I want him to stay but when is his contract up?

Don't want a member of the Clough family hating us.

Not sure why we should be hated.....we gave him a great opportunity.

how

I've already given my answer....but for what its worth.

I would sack Clough - no hesitation.

Bring in Burley or Simmo or Hodgson to the end of the season.

Try and rebuild morale and the shattered confidence.

In the summer i would decide...

Burley / Simmo / Hodgson / O'Driscoll.

The board will be forced to stump up some cash for the new man.

how nieve you are ......................:mad:

it's a worry when you log on and see a forum split down the middle over should he stay or should he go.. in my opinion the world has gone barmy.

He's done an honest interview at the end of a game where they've worked their balls off for 89 minutes.

They are just about to record their first win in 12, keep a clean sheet away from home, and quite possibly just for a few fecking hours, shut up some of the non-sensical views on here.

Tomasz won't be taking it to heart as much as some of you lot are.

If they'd been booting it sixty or seventy yards for the past 30 minutes and it was working, don't choose the last minute of an away game you need to win, to give the ball to the opposition cheaply. Just boot it like you've been told, turn them around, re group and defend again.

For goodness sakes Tomasz - to jasne jak słonce... (it's as easy as that ;-) )

He let them all down on Saturday, unfortunately. Having said that, I really do think the lad has talent and I hope he bounces back and has a stormer at home in front of the cameras in what is a VERY important game.

It's definitely on TV in Poland - it could be a great time to prove the manager wrong - don't you think?

I'm unsure on whether Clough can turn it around and have a real crack at promotion.. I admire some of his signings, but they're completely outshadowed by how he treats his players, how he organizes his teams and how his negative approach refelcts onto his players.

I also don't buy this crap this people spout saying there isn't anyone else out there that can do a decent job.. Remember people, he got this job because of his name, he was and IMO still is a League 2 manager at best.. He won promotion from a league that had a very level playing field (financially) after 10 years..

The likes of George Burley, Simmo and for e.g. Aidy Boothroyd have all tasted promtion in a more competitive division in lesser time. I'd love to see George Burley back here as manager, doubt he'd come though..For what it's worth those that cry out for Sean O'Driscall IMO he isn't that good of a manager. Fantastic in the lower leagues (Like Dario Gradi of Crewe) but has found his level at lower Championship.. Reckon Donny will go down next year or the year after.

Simmo has also been sacked at Rochdale, Preston, Shrewsbury and Stockport, Burley has been sacked at several clubs, most recently Palace, and Scotland. Boothroyd isn't pulling any trees up at Coventry, they are performing no better than us. Although I think Clough has made mistakes recently I cant see any of these as a rational choice as a replacement for him.

Archived