The All new Clough out poll thread

davenportram

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't blame GSE for this horrendous man management.

We suffer one self inflicted wound after another with this idiot.

I believe he wants the players out and the players don't like him.

He's had his chance and he has ballsed it up more spectacularly, and more quickly than any other manager.

It reminds me of poor old Peter Taylor's last days.

You can't blame GSE for this horrendous man management.

We suffer one self inflicted wound after with this idiot.

I believe he wants the players out and the players don't like him.

He's had his chance and he has ballsed it up more spectacularly, and more quickly than any other manager.

It reminds me of poor old Peter Taylor's last days.

Who would you want in, and what would they do differently to Clough under the current restraints?

This level of winless despair was one thing in the Prem but in the Championship it is embarrassing and perpetually destroying for all the players.

I believe a lot of it is down to him, his poor decisions and his excessive unfair slating of players destroying confidence.

Sorry Clough I've had enough. You don't have a clue and you have to go.

Not that I like GSE but did GSE pick the team or play players out of position? Do GSE go on about people going back to Wigan or Poland? We were good before the away loss at Burnley. Was it GSE that caused this sudden snag and downfall? No, it was Clough and his lack of experience during blips.

This level of winless despair was one thing in the Prem but in the Championship it is embarrassing and perpetually destroying for all the players.

I believe a lot of it is down to him, his poor decisions and his excessive unfair slating of players destroying confidence.

Not that I like GSE but did GSE pick the team or play players out of position? Do GSE go on about people going back to Wigan or Poland? We were good before the away loss at Burnley. Was it GSE that caused this sudden snag and downfall? No, it was Clough and his lack of experience during blips.

Did GSE say, Nigel, this is what you have to do...cut down the squad, wage bill and have peanuts to bring in inexperienced players?

.....and his nasty ramshackle band of assistants.

Think it is time for Nigel to go.

1 win in the last 13

Moxey and Commons gone

Man managment is awful.

Possible Candinates

Chris Houghton

Sean ODriscoll

Alan Curbishley?

Come on dude, you can do it, what would they do differently?

I like the Chris Hughton one personally, he's a good guy. BUT, at Newcastle he had wads of cash to spend plus an extortionate wage bill.

SO, under the CURRENT restraints that Clough is under, what would ANY other manager in the WHOLE world, do differently?

Considering we like to talk about football from a financial viewpoint these days, is it justifable to say Nigel will have failed if he doesn't get this squad in the top 10/top 6? We certainly as TG maintains continue to run one of the higher wage structures in the Championship. Like he points out there are plenty of teams above us with less resouces. I'm inclined to say yes. His buys are one in two jobbies, the generally accepted average for a manager with the variables factored in, tactics and substitutions frankly bizarre at times (I personally don't subscribe to the "He knows better" or "he knows something we don't" argument- football is simple), man-management between poor and terrible, team selection very questionable.

As a corollary-Win average is 1 in 3. Team performances over tenure ranging from mediocre to absymal (taken as a average and is my opinion). For those that say Nigel has done a good job with the wage reductions, it always strikes me as naive particularly when you look at the table and see where we're at relative to what we spend still.

Personally I expect better from both the board in providing finance (in short I don't think sensible business principles and football go together- successful clubs are generally loss making clubs covered by the owners) and from the manager- Nigel is making very basic mistakes from team selection to PR duties, again my opinion. If he rates Roberts over Moxey then I disagree and am unsure of the direction of this "build for the future" approach. When we replace Commons with a 29 year old and a left back with age and potential on his side is considered sellable at a low price, I begin to get concerned. A player in his 30's who at his best at Donny was considered a "steady eddie" is now number 1 (and only) left back at the club. If these weren't business decisions then I question the manager. I think Commons is worth more to us here to help us beat the drop this season than 300k in the bank and I think Moxey is worth more to us here than at the rumoured fee. I thought the whole set up was geared towards players like Moxey and Brayford etc.

Why have you ignored my question?

I've already given my answer....but for what its worth.

I would sack Clough - no hesitation.

Bring in Burley or Simmo or Hodgson to the end of the season.

Try and rebuild morale and the shattered confidence.

In the summer i would decide...

Burley / Simmo / Hodgson / O'Driscoll.

The board will be forced to stump up some cash for the new man.

Considering we like to talk about football from a financial viewpoint these days, is it justifable to say Nigel will have failed if he doesn't get this squad in the top 10/top 6? We certainly as TG maintains continue to run one of the higher wage structures in the Championship. Like he points out there are plenty of teams above us with less resouces. I'm inclined to say yes. His buys are one in two jobbies, the generally accepted average for a manager with the variables factored in, tactics and substitutions frankly bizarre at times (I personally don't subscribe to the "He knows better" or "he knows something we don't" argument- football is simple), man-management between poor and terrible, team selection very questionable.

As a corollary-Win average is 1 in 3. Team performances over tenure ranging from mediocre to absymal (taken as a average and is my opinion). For those that say Nigel has done a good job with the wage reductions, it always strikes me as naive particularly when you look at the table and see where we're at relative to what we spend still.

Personally I expect better from both the board in providing finance (in short I don't think sensible business principles and football go together- successful clubs are generally loss making clubs covered by the owners) and from the manager- Nigel is making very basic mistakes from team selection to PR duties, again my opinion. If he rates Roberts over Moxey then I disagree and am unsure of the direction of this "build for the future" approach. When we replace Commons with a 29 year old and a left back with age and potential on his side is considered sellable at a low price, I begin to get concerned. A player in his 30's who at his best at Donny was considered a "steady eddie" is now number 1 (and only) left back at the club. If these weren't business decisions then I question the manager. I think Commons is worth more to us here to help us beat the drop this season than 300k in the bank and I think Moxey is worth more to us here than at the rumoured fee. I thought the whole set up was geared towards players like Moxey and Brayford etc.

The Moxey one left me perplexed tbh, and the Commons one is get rid of people not interested in helping the club. DCFC are more important than any player, Commons form dipped and is unlikely to be a positive influence when he's thinking of leaving. We needed to sign players, but didn't, Glick himself came out and took the blame for that.

Moxey didn't improve at all during his spell here, Roberts may be older but is no worse or better...Pearson can play there if need be.

Come on dude, you can do it, what would they do differently?

I like the Chris Hughton one personally, he's a good guy. BUT, at Newcastle he had wads of cash to spend plus an extortionate wage bill.

SO, under the CURRENT restraints that Clough is under, what would ANY other manager in the WHOLE world, do differently?

Treat his players with more respect and dignity, for a start.

Play a different system, different game plans, and set pieces, be a better manager basically, why do you believe Clough is unique ??

I've already given my answer....but for what its worth.

I would sack Clough - no hesitation.

Bring in Burley or Simmo or Hodgson to the end of the season.

Try and rebuild morale and the shattered confidence.

In the summer i would decide...

Burley / Simmo / Hodgson / O'Driscoll.

The board will be forced to stump up some cash for the new man.

They should be forced to stump up some cash for this man.

Burley, Simmo, Hodgson (lol), O Driscoll offer absolutely nothing more than Clough does now.

We have a 0 transfer budget at all times unless one player goes out, which isn't always the case. We have an ever decreasing wage budget. That is not Cloughs fault.

The same applies for any new manager coming in, they struggle the same as any other person who are offered no financial support from the clubs 'owners'.

Treat his players with more respect and dignity, for a start.

Play a different system, different game plans, and set pieces, be a better manager basically, why do you believe Clough is unique ??

It's not me who thinks Clough is unique. It's the one's that want him out, they think he is unique and that any other manager would fair better just because they are a different manager.

Honestly, nobody offers a decent explanation into why they want him out and somebody else in, thinking miraculously any new dude will suddenly turn our fortunes around with the exact same lack of funding from the board.

Man management, lets look at other players rather than the one's that lacked improvement? Brayford? Addison? S.Davies (i might be jumping the gun, but he will come good imo)? B.Davies looks a sound investment. Bailey?

I really wish the players that lack effort or are unwilling to understand basic instructions from the manager buck their idea's up. RE: Cywka, i like him, but he has dipped in form.

I really hope the board give Clough a break and invest in him.

They should be forced to stump up some cash for this man.

Burley, Simmo, Hodgson (lol), O Driscoll offer absolutely nothing more than Clough does now.

If the mission is to build a team of young players, lower league players etc to give us a platform then we need a manager who can encourage and develop those players.

Nigel has clearly given up on the likes of Moxey and Cywka. These were the players he brought in but he doesn't have the man management skills to develop them. Game over.

[sIZE=4]He has lost the plot.[/sIZE]

We must move on.

Yes the team needs some investment but it also needs a manager with the character to get on with, encourage, teach, coach, cajole the players.

All of the above could do this.

Nigel can't.

Moxey didn't improve at all during his spell here, Roberts may be older but is no worse or better...Pearson can play there if need be.

Moxey can play upfront if needs be. Cywka can play upfront if needs be. Brayford can play centre defence if needs be. Leacock right back. Central midfielders can be played on the wing if needs be. This is the problem. No sufficient back up (board) combined with Clough (manager) not playing players in their natural positions. Its just not acceptable on either score.

Commons is worth 300k in season tickets sales alone. People pay to see players like him, whatever their attitude, if we want to see grafters and triers you can go down to the local park. I feel the board have done themselves a serious disservice by selling Commons, I don't think it made business sense. To me business sense would be making the fans feel the club is moving forward by getting results on the pitch in the latter third of the season making people want to buy ST's next year. KK here would certainly have helped the situation. Now it seems the board and manager have wrote any ambition off whatsoever for this campaign and the sole aim is survival. They think we have enough in the locker to stay up without KK so why not sell? I think it could come back to bite them as we punters (as a majority) don't give a crap about "business sense" when we see raw talent on a football pitch. Because if that isn't being met we won't renew.

Archived