The All new Clough out poll thread

davenportram

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's done an honest interview at the end of a game where they've worked their balls off for 89 minutes.

They are just about to record their first win in 12, keep a clean sheet away from home, and quite possibly just for a few fecking hours, shut up some of the non-sensical views on here.

Tomasz won't be taking it to heart as much as some of you lot are.

If they'd been booting it sixty or seventy yards for the past 30 minutes and it was working, don't choose the last minute of an away game you need to win, to give the ball to the opposition cheaply. Just boot it like you've been told, turn them around, re group and defend again.

He let them all down on Saturday, unfortunately. Having said that, I really do think the lad has talent and I hope he bounces back and has a stormer at home in front of the cameras in what is a VERY important game.

Couldn't agree more. When did footballer's stop being accountable for their mistakes at the manager's expense? In my humdrum boring office job, if someone hasn't done what they get paid to do, then usually an email gets sent, copying in the bosses, saying exactly what hasn't been done.

Cwyka's had a verbal warning, you could say. TV is how managers communicate with fans. I cant help feel, 'well that's quite right,' afterall, he is ignoring the boss's instructions. Maybe not on purpose...but still, there comes a time 'when you have to move on,' in any business, if the employees cannot or will not follow instructions.

And that doesn't mean Clough. I think he's done a good job considering he's had no money. It's upstairs where there's a problem. If they don't spend big in the summer, they should be ousted.

Anyway, when Ayala arrives, how about switching to 3-5-2?

Bywater

Leacock Ayala Barker

Addison

Davies Green Bailey Pearson

Davies Bueno

Anyway, when Ayala arrives, how about switching to 3-5-2?

Who said Ayala will arrive? Clough/Glick?

I no longer believe in these "agreed in principle" deals.

Chris Wood, Martyn Waghorn anyone??

Ayala can be easily grabed by any decent club in this league with a manager who knows how to work with young players.

And after Saturday's episode, I'm pretty confident that Ayala will reject us and will go to Leicester or something.

I think it's great that Clough has got nasty after a run of results like we have had. Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser...

It sends a message: if you want a pleasant working environment, do 'yer 'bluddy job young man!

They can have a laugh, and a doob, with Jonny Metgod, who seems a 'very nishe chilled out Dutchman you 'shee.'

I think it's great that Clough has got nasty after a run of results like we have had. Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser...

It sends a message: if you want a pleasant working environment, do 'yer 'bluddy job young man!

They can have a laugh, and a doob, with Jonny Metgod, who seems a 'very nishe chilled out Dutchman you 'shee.'

Typical pro Clough rubbish.

Cwyka, lost the ball, he made a mistake, so what, he did not single handedly lose the game, Clough was WRONG.

Some bloke on here says Cwyka let everyone down, what ********.

Barker HAS single handed been responsible for us losing games this season, fact, how many public bollockings has Clough given him, none, fact.

Clough picks the team, he is responsible when we lose, managers always are, always have, and always will be, Clough is being cowardly IMHO

yes ....unfortunatelty whatever a manager says some people start repeating it parrot style and agreeing with it.

BD and the Doc were quite cute regarding their use of the media to manipulate public opinion. The Doc would manipulate public opinion regarding that this or that player.Similarly Jewells comment about Villa seemed to turn public opinion against Tito almost overnight.

Unfortunately some people will be watching for Cywka's next mistake and be ready to get on his back.

Cwyka, lost the ball, he made a mistake, so what, he did not single handedly lose the game, Clough was WRONG.

Barker HAS single handed been responsible for us losing games this season, fact, how many public bollockings has Clough given him, none, fact.

Clough picks the team, he is responsible when we lose, managers always are, always have, and always will be, Clough is being cowardly IMHO

Cywka did let us down, it was going to be a very important three points and he cost us. Clough was very angry, and had every right to be, I'm sure after he had calmed down he would have spoken to Tomasz and explained everything. People just want Clough to fail, that's been fairly clear in the last few days

Cywka did let us down, it was going to be a very important three points and he cost us. Clough was very angry, and had every right to be, I'm sure after he had calmed down he would have spoken to Tomasz and explained everything. People just want Clough to fail, that's been fairly clear in the last few days

He has done that all on his own

it was only a page or so ago Smiffy.

some bloke didn't write he let everyone down, some bloke wrote "he let them all down"

Implying his team mates and the management team.

I'd say we were just about on our way to a near perfect victory. Screw the overall performance - not overly important.

We've not won a game for donkeys years, we've not won many away games at all for what feels like forever. We have a chance to keep a clean sheet and to win one nil away from home. With a decent goal scored by a lad many on here had/have/has written off.

As for Tomasz, I'd definitely say he was a bit unlucky, having watched the highlights closely - 8 out of 10 times the ref blows up for a foul.

but for christ sakes all he had to do was get rid, toe it out for a throw in and start again. The same as they'd been doing for 35 minutes prior to that. Why suddenly change that "plan" in the last minute?

If that was a Sunday league game his mates would be going mental at him. It's football, it happens. All the rest is over reaction.

I would say Clough and his team where more to blame, simply by sitting back, and not going for the killer second goal, as I say shift the blame when things go wrong, the team are Clough`s tools, and what does a good craftsman NOT do ???

I would say Clough and his team where more to blame, simply by sitting back, and not going for the killer second goal, as I say shift the blame when things go wrong, the team are Clough`s tools, and what does a good craftsman NOT do ???

last few minutes of us vs QPR, we are 2-1 up. What do we do, we go for the third and get caught out. Defending our lead worked well, until Cywka didn't do what he was supposed to do

I've already given my answer....but for what its worth.

I would sack Clough - no hesitation.

Bring in Burley or Simmo or Hodgson to the end of the season.

Try and rebuild morale and the shattered confidence.

In the summer i would decide...

Burley / Simmo / Hodgson / O'Driscoll.

The board will be forced to stump up some cash for the new man.

Paul "gets the sack" simpson ,

no thanks,

absolutly loved Simmo as a player and will always have nothing but total respect for him as a former derby county footballer, was probably the most free scoring winger ive ever seen but im not going to let that cloud my judgment of him as a manager.

failed at championship, and has now failed in the lower leagues.

i wouldnt even entertain the idea.

Unfortunately some people will be watching for Cywka's next mistake and be ready to get on his back.

Cywka's proficiency in general play isn't the issue though.If you represent a team's performance by a pyramid,then the base would constitute all the good/bad habits for differing situations.A full pyramid would represent a team playing to the best of it's ability,with confidence.If performance levels drop,then the upper levels of the pyramid fall away-if confidence is severely dented,then you might not have a great deal more than the base (fight and scrap time,and make sure the basics are sound).

United win piles of silverware and have great players,but their pyramid base is rock solid and allows them to convert off colour performances into results.Arsenal also have great players,but win little silverware.You don't have to travel too far back in history to see the reason why.

Unless we get our base right,then we've no chance of success in this league,let alone the Prem (where we'd be crucified,yet again).I support the manager fully in this-I don't care if others differ from the manager on what the constituents of the base should be,as he's entitled to expect his version to be adhered to by players.

There've been several suggestions for a new manager.I've not yet seen one of our posters put forward as a candidate,a little surprising as many seem to think they know much more than the current incumbent.

Archived