murray

footymadme

Murray was leading and playing better. He fecked it up and djokovic capitalised and Murray never recovered.

Do you honestly think that someone like Djokovic is going to lie down and let Murray walk all over him?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

. Andy isn't moving too well.

Yeah, because he's given up. happens all the time with him. You can read him like a book, it's so clear when his body language changes and it changed when Djok broke his serve in the 3rd set. Thats why people don't like him or get frustrated with him, not because he loses, but because he gives up trying.

. I don't agree he's just playing a fantastic player in Novak Andy is doing his best after a 5 setter against Federer. Well done to Novak congratulations to him until the next match.

If it's about quality of player then how did Murray win the first set? I said his body language changed in the third set, and his performance has proven that. He's on his way out like i predicted, he gave up. It took tie breaks to determine the first 2 sets and now he's losing 5-3 in the 4th. You don't see a turn around like that unless both players have changed. No way.

There are always going to be idiots who will pile into Murray whenever he loses - most of which stems from jealousy. They are the same people who used to pile into Beckham, whose only crime was that he was the best Brisish player for a generation by a mile. So it is with Murray - but make that for FOUR generations.

Bloody fools haven't got a clue - to them, sport is something you play on a video game. Murray has reached SIX major finals in the last three years - and he's won one of them in the most competitive era tennis has ever soon. No other Brit comes close since Fred Perry - we even had to import our last Grand Slam finalist from Canada.

I daresay Murray will reach a few more finals too - and unless to want Djokovic to win the next 20 or so grand slams, you'd better pray long and hard that Murray wins some of them - because no bugger else is going to get close. Not Federer, probably not Nadal either except possibly at Paris. Both of those two are probably now behind Murray.

Bloody Scotsmen, eh?

Both of them play unattractive tennis..

It was like watching an FA Cup final between Chelsea and Liverpool

Define 'attractive' tennis.

To me, unattractive tennis is the type of crap dished out by people like John Isner and before him the likes of Mark Philipousis and Greg Rusedski - huge serves and absolutely nothing else.

The Fed plays nothing but majestic tennis. Compared to him, Murray and Djokovic play battling tennis. By no means less skillful. Compared to the Isner and co then Murray and Djokovic are very watchable.

I do think there is variety in the game, great getting a clash of styles.

• 2 months later...

I watched that game.. Murray is such an unnattractive tennis player.. He's the king of just 'keeping the ball in play' and the majority of his points (90%) are won through unforced errors on the other guys half..

Ferrer was actually going for it and lost it himself due to late unforced errors on key points.. He had match point and went for a challenge instead of carrying on with the point and that totally knocked the wind out of his sails..

Murray is just the equivalent of Chelsea.. King of the percentages but so boring to watch..

Give me the likes of Fed, Nadal, Ferrer, Gasquet, Del Potro etc. anyday of the week..

Archived