murray

footymadme

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every tournament ususally the winner has a lucky match here or there...

I can't belive how easy Murray route to the semi final is... No guys in the top 20 I don't think.. The likes of Del Potro, Birdych, Ferrer, Almargo, Tsonga, Tipsarevich, Wawrinka, Gasquet... Any of these guys would have given him a good game, a testing game..

His route has been ridiculously easy, low ranked players plus an injured Simon... Now he has the hard part, beating Federer and the Djoko in the final.. It will be tough, he has a habit of losing to Fed at the majors, especially hard court majors..

Of course, Murray SHOULD have played higher ranked players if all matches had gone according to the seedings, but it just so happened that they were defeated by players who actually played BETTER than the higher seeded players did. So Murray, in boxing parlance, 'beat the man who beat the man'.

Incidentally, for any of the players you named, why do you feel that Murray would have undergone a sterner test? He might just as comprehensively blown those off court too. Ferrer has only ever beaten Murray on clay (apart from the end of season round robin event), Del Potro has only ever won on clay, Almagro has only ever won on clay, Gasquet in the last 5 years has only beaten Murray on clay and Tsonga has only taken a set off Murray once in their last six matches,

Tipsarevich or Wawrinka, I grant you, might have been in all likelihood a stiffer test, but we will never know.

I hope he wins Wimbledon this year but even tho fed isn't at his best, he cant be ruled out. And Doco is awesome. But, Andy is doing quite well holding his own that's for sure.

Roll on the champagne & strawberries.

Federer and Nadal will struggle to win another Grand Slam between them. If Djokovic doesn't beat them, Murray will.

I'm not sure about that. Nadal on one leg would be a threat at Roland Garros

I'm not sure about that. Nadal on one leg would be a threat at Roland Garros

His knees are gone. He may get to the semis in Paris, but I think he'll retire soon. Federer has half a chance at Wimbledon, but he may retire too in the next 12 months.

His knees are gone. He may get to the semis in Paris, but I think he'll retire soon. Federer has half a chance at Wimbledon, but he may retire too in the next 12 months.

That remains to be seen - he's not played for 6 months but is going to be entering some clay court tournaments in South America in the next few weeks as part of his preparation for Monte Carlo and Paris. I agree that Wimbledon probably offers Federer his only chance of another slam.

Far's the Drunk thread onse you need it. Scotsman on Burns Night, Hoots Mon. Bah, first hint of success and he's off to live in that Big London. English turncoat (cue Braveheart line). Never see Dunblane again.

--------------

Take me back to Belper, dear old Belper toon......

Archived