murray

footymadme

For Murray to get past Djokovitch in the 5th set is never going to be easy so hats off to him for that.

He deserved this win after his past 4 attempts at winning a GS (ironically, the same as Lendl, who won on his 5th attempt) and so I'm really chuffed for him.

Well done Andy, enjoy your achievment.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chuffed to bits for him. Finally after 76 years we have another British Grand Slam champion. Well done to him for having the ability, and importantly, the nerve for finally achieve what a few others have promised & failed to deliver.

He could go on to even greater success now.

[url=http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/09/11/article-2201250-14F32F19000005DC-773_964x682]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/09/11/article-2201250-14F32F19000005DC-773_964x682

76 years of pain for who exactly? Not me certainly, I quite like tennis, but I don't feel oblidged to blindly support a Scotsman ncor should anyone else from England, Wales and N Ireland..

Also your comments about making the country proud... What country is that then? It certainly won't be England. Are you Scottish curtain? Fair enough if you are, and it would be good i he wins for your sake.. But this isn't blind loyalty, those that follow Andy Murray follow him for the liking of his style or for being Scottish.. There is no other reason to follow him..

[size=2]How ironic that someone who openly admitted to wanting the country they were born in to lose in a football match against another country should be giving lectures out to people about patriotism.[/size]

[size=2] [/size]

[size=2]Seems a common theme that when someone reports a bit of enthusiasm on this forum for any kind of success, you jump on it like a ton of bricks wanting to dampen the mood with an every changing view dependant on the reaction you wish to achieve.[/size]

• 1 month later...

Murray may well have had 5 match points but credit to Djokovic who played superbly to win those points.

The majority of those match points incidentally were on the Djokovic serve.

A touch harsh by the BBC to run with the headline "Murray squanders five match points".

That suggests he was wasteful and threw away his chances. Having watched the entire match I would say credit to both players for prodicing a match of top qaulity and for Djokovic for producing some incredible shots under the most intence pressure.

This match merely adds to my feeling that Murray will have his day and the Number One ranking will be his in the not too distant future.

• 3 months later...

I never knew this thread existed.

Having read the whole thing, with respect to the 'Croatia Shirt' nonsense, you will find that it was actually an Argentina shirt, a Paraguay shirt or a German shirt, dependent upon which internet hearsay report you choose to read. In other words, it was complete and utter typical made-up justify oneself as a Murray hater bandwagon nonsense.

The 'anyone but England' quote was definitely true - it was lifted from a light-hearted interview with Des Kelly, when Kelly said "How do you think Scotland will go in the World Cup? Oh sorry, they're not playing. Who will you be supporting then?" to which Murray replied "Aren't they? Oh, in that case, anyone but England then".

What a swine.

Carry on hating.

Gilles Simon today looked out on his feet right from the start - and he's normally so dynamic around the court. That was probably because of his grueller in the previous round against Monfils. You would think that it should be a breeze for Murray in the next round - after all, he hasn't even been taken to a tie-breaker in 4 matches this tournament, let alone lost a set, but Jeremy Chardy did beat Murray last time out, although Andy holds a 4-1 head-to-head tally.

Interesting to see how Federer goes on against the huge-serving Milos Raonic now. Prediction - Fed in straight sets.

Commentators seem to be saying Fed has looked the best so far, having had the toughest matches also. Think anyone who writes him off is foolish. Only lost four points in his services games in the first two sets!

Murray needs a challenging match to get him up to speed.

Archived