Commons Leaving - Good or Bad?

Toadbelly

Shilts - I agree he has been off form recently, but everybody has.

We put way to much pressure on him to be the one who always has to deliver. He has scored 14 goals so the fans expect him to, but actually, we should be looking at everyone else.

How many goals have Savage and Bailey, Savage and Addison, or whoever has been playing the two (sometimes three!) Centre Mid positions given to the team this season - about 5 max. Thats a shocking return.

If Commons had support around him I don't think we would be in this position but Clough/The Board have worked us into a brilliant position and having one one poor striker, and playing players like Ben Pringle at right midfield. Its no wonder Commons gets annoyed.

For me - Fair play he has not come out in the press and had a go yet. I'd be so frustrated if I was him.

All I am asking - we've played 29 games this season and the second highest goal scorer is on 4. Why criticise the guy who's scored 14, we should be looking at those around him. Beuno has played 19 and scored 3etc.

We are criticizing him because he doesn't want to play for us

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

once again, it is the fact that he said that he wants to stay and then doesn't that rankles- preferring money and not being straight to with the fans to avoid hostility during matches. If he had come out and said before christmas that he feels his time is up at derby but has had a good run, thank the fans, proud to have played for such an historical club, will continue to give his all blah blah then fair enough. Saying he wants to stay, taking the p*ss for a month then flicking the V is my reason for being pee'd off!

This is probably the catalyst for our recent run of bad form.

It's not happened overnight, Commons must have realised a long time ago we weren't going to meet his expectations or match what he can earn elsewhere.

All the players now know that no matter how well they play they aren't going to be rewarded for it here.

I'm probably a lot older than you think! He will have had whisperings in his ears for months now and has always known that he could get a transfer. He didn't need to get an offer in Jan- if he was honest as on my previous post he could have played the rest of the season (sure, some idiots would have had a problem but most would have been ok) playing his best to earn a good contract in the summer when he would leave.

This is probably the catalyst for our recent run of bad form.

It's not happened overnight, Commons must have realised a long time ago we weren't going to meet his expectations or match what he can earn elsewhere.

All the players now know that no matter how well they play they aren't going to be rewarded for it here.

I tend to agree with this, surely he knew this board wouldn't offer him much more than what he's on after all the cost cutting measures, it's no big secret. I'm guessing his agent did abit of fishing around for a new dea for him, whether he wanted to stay or not.

After all his agent is due to get a payday now he's got him a move.

After Commons and Savage go, who will be the highest paid player at the club?

I tend to agree with this, surely he knew this board wouldn't offer him much more than what he's on after all the cost cutting measures, it's no big secret. I'm guessing his agent did abit of fishing around for a new dea for him, whether he wanted to stay or not.

After all his agent is due to get a payday now he's got him a move.

After Commons and Savage go, who will be the highest paid player at the club?

Varney, Bywater or Pearson probably.

According to the Mirror he has gone (see below). So to answer the thread question Good (riddance)! All this ****** that he wants to stay here, we offer what he has requested wage wise (15K reported below, he took 20K at Celtic) and he still fooks off.

So glad to see the back of him, so much talent and yet he chooses to use it when he feels like it. Totally symptomatic of all that is wrong with the game today.

As a team we will be better off without him as lately him and Bueno might as well have been spectators!

Derby star Kris Commons is signing for Glasgow giants Celtic on a £1million-a-year contract - after snubbing their Old Firm rivals Rangers.

Scotland midfielder Commons has picked the bigger personal terms on offer at Celtic and will join them today, with the Rams receiving a fee of £300,000.

Derby had offered Commons £15,000 a week to stay, while Rangers were willing to pay the Midlands side up to £500,000 for him, but their wage deal was smaller than Celtic’s.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Derby-Kris-Commons-chooses-Celtic-over-Rangers-higher-wages-lower-fee-to-Derby-article682843.html#ixzz1CBoZWF52

Glad we haven't bent over backwards and spent a silly £20k a week on him. That amount goes for 2/3 players.

i,ll second that

just wondering how many games he will play for his new club before he,s on the sick

, he did abuse the sick system last season,i mean having 2 weeks off work with a broken flask ffs:D

Well if this is true and he is leaving in this window then we are well and truely stuffed. He is our key-player, top-goal-scorer, magician and a very talented player. We won't replace him and we will be short of attacking players for the next few months. Most importantly who will score the goals now?

If Clough can replace him with this supposed 300k in the next few days, with a player of the same quality, then it will have been a good deal. But otherwise and most likely he wont. I wished we would have kept him till the end of the season. He is the difference between relegation and mid-table. Im pretty sure I would have snubbed 300k to keep ourselves in this division.

Commons had clearly got his mind set elsewhere, hes been in poor form since the Reading game. I imagine someone talked to him on the sly and mentioned they'd be interested in signing him.

He's a very good player, but when he's asking for ridiculous wages and doesn't really want to be here anyway then you've got to let him go. Better to take the money and see who you can get in to replace him.

That £300k isn't going to do much, so either look for someone and use that fee towards them, or try and get a playmaker from the Premier League on loan until we find that someone.

Ben Davies can play the Commons role for a while, see how he does.

I don't see how selling the only player we own with actual quality in the final third which is what we lack massively is a good move. All people ever harp on about is money and wages. Are you all accounts? I want to see derby playing there best and moving forward on the pitch, yes don't go silly overspending but it seems the defence for every time we sell our best player

Get rid this fat *******. He is a dead wood.

We still have players who can do a great job.

Croft, Martin, Pearson, Pringle, S.Davies.

they've been in awesome form since the day one.

We have a lot of offers for them from other clubs but they love it at Derby and will never leave.

they've never been injured and will never ask for ridiculous wages.

Great bit of buisnes. The future is bright.

As I mentioned on another thread Commons has scored the winner in 4 games this season earning us 12 points. Where would we be without those goals??? Second from bottom on 22pts...

In a division such as ours when anyone can beat anyone on the day having a genuine matchwinner in your ranks is always a good thing therefore selling him for peanuts is a bad thing. "But we've got Davis now" I here a lot of people shouting, and, he's never played in this division and will take a few games to acclimatise. We need a replacement that can hit the ground running but the board won't spend so we'll stutter along to a 14th place finish but rejoice because we cut another £9k a week off the wage bill. HURRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Get rid this fat *******. He is a dead wood.

We still have players who can do a great job.

Croft, Martin, Pearson, Pringle, S.Davies.

they've been in awesome form since the day one.

We have a lot of offers for them from other clubs but they love it at Derby and will never leave.

they've never been injured and will never ask for ridiculous wages.

Great bit of buisnes. The future is bright.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit......;)

I don't see how selling your best player for peanuts can ever be seen as good, but there's plenty of fans that will take the 'good riddance' stance.

They said the same when we sold our best striker for peanuts in the last transfer window.

Sending these kind of messages out into football is never a good thing. It's little wonder that we can't even sign second-string strikers from Championship clubs.

Seems Clough was making a point when he said even tougher times are ahead at the start of the month. He knew Commons was going, he knew loan players were already turning us down, he knew there was even less money than when he joined, despite slashing £7m off the wage bill and being in profit on transfer dealings.

Sorry to sound doom and gloom, but another major talent leaving us is yet another example of the ***** under GSE, which is all hot air about building for the future, whilst all that's being built is the return on their meagre investment.

Archived