Commons Leaving - Good or Bad?

Toadbelly

Commons had clearly got his mind set elsewhere, hes been in poor form since the Reading game. I imagine someone talked to him on the sly and mentioned they'd be interested in signing him.

He's a very good player, but when he's asking for ridiculous wages and doesn't really want to be here anyway then you've got to let him go. Better to take the money and see who you can get in to replace him.

That £300k isn't going to do much, so either look for someone and use that fee towards them, or try and get a playmaker from the Premier League on loan until we find that someone.

Ben Davies can play the Commons role for a while, see how he does.

I don't know about talking on the sly, I think he and his agent have handled negotiation with a great deal of skill, they appear to have run rings round Nigel and Tom for the last few months.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby County have accepted a offer of around £300,000 from Celtic for Kris Commons. Personal terms are being agreed by the player and Celtic football club and an announcement will be made once Kris Commons sign's his contract. All funds raised from the sale will be used to strengthen the Derby team.

from facebook

Derby County have accepted a offer of around £300,000 from Celtic for Kris Commons. Personal terms are being agreed by the player and Celtic football club and an announcement will be made once Kris Commons sign's his contract. All funds raised from the sale will be used to strengthen the Derby team.

from facebook

Life goes on. Derby Co. is not all about Kris Commons and I wish him well.

from facebook

Tom Glick has said any monies made from this sale,would be made available for transfers.

£300k ?

What about Commons wages they offered over 3.5 years = £2.73 million !

Commons is our top scorer because he takes all the free-kicks (and has a boo if someone else does), most of the penalties, and shoots every time he gets within 30 yards of goal. He has talent so this often works for him but at what cost to the team? WOuld be interesting to know if he is 'popular in the dressing room' as they say.

Ronaldo was Man Utd's top scorer and I would have sold him for half a bag of pork scratchings, never mind 80 mil, for the same reason.

What an absolutely stupid thing to say. First to compare him in the same way as Ronaldo is ridiculous & secondly to say 'but at what cost to the team?'

Erm, 3 points? We have won games this season because of him, and because of him alone. Goals win you games.

What an absolutely stupid thing to say. First to compare him in the same way as Ronaldo is ridiculous & secondly to say 'but at what cost to the team?'

Erm, 3 points? We have won games this season because of him, and because of him alone. Goals win you games.

Isn't that equally ridiculous. I don't recall too many goals that were not scored as a result of a pass from someone else, or a penalty / free kick.

As much as I admire his skill, he cannot be relied on to perform consistently enough. I hope he does well in Scotland, he is a pleasant guy.

I thought I'd read somewhere that Cywka is top for assists. Which is good going given that he's not played for the last month or so. Sure, Commons has scored the most, but I wonder how many times he's chosen to shoot and not scored...?

Green 7

Cywka 4

Commons 3

Brayford 3

Savage 3

Bueno 3

Moxey 2

Pearson 1

Varney 1

Kuqi 1

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/Assists/0,,10794~201010270~7,00.html

That's interesting Daveo, can't remember where I'd seen the figures but I'm sure it quoted Cywka with 8 assists. I thought it was quite high which is why I remembered it. I'm happy to go along with the official League stats of course, just shows once again that you can't believe everything you read....

Its not great Commons left, its also not a bad thing. I personally believe that Cywka next season will step up and produce the goods. Also I hope Ben Davies can create some goals in open play and set pieces. Bueno will stop looking for Commons every time he gets the ball and start taking players on again, and Green will play in midfield.

But if we sold Commons for 300k and brought B.Davies for 300k, the yanks still haven't invested in this transfer window!

I hear Shefki Kuqi has cancelled his contract at Swansea! Just get him in!

Well seeing as he doesnt want to sign a new contract he will go no matter what at the end of the season anyway. Why pay someone who doesnt want to be here and will probably piss us all off by doing feck all for the rest of season?

Because we have no ambition is why he'll pi55 off, whether it be now or end of season.

If he were a Leicester player right now at the end of his contract, I bet his decision would be different, as they seem to have ideas of going somewhere ie Yakubu, Van Arnholt, Vassell etc. What do we do?? Div 1 and and a Leics reserve players!!! We have done nothing in the transfer market in 10 years to suggest we have anyone at the club with an Arsene Wenger eye for an uncut diamond. Even the Brayfords and Baileys seem to be running out of steam.

Yes cue the "at least were on a sound footing financially" brigade. But somewhere along the line someone needs to put their wallet above the paprapit and make a promotion warchest available, in the abscence of anyone coming through the academy.

Sadly I do not see the Yanks as anything but asset strippers when the time is right, I just see them as badly hamstringing a decent young manger in Clough

Word up, hang loose, quiz over.........

I'll repeat myself in here, behave yourself, they just said that Derby have accepted a bid, bloody wum. :D

Regardless of how far along the transfer is the fact remains he's going, in which case we're in serious trouble. We're selling our top scorer and struggling to replace him with a Leicester reserve and a lower league journey man.

Before anyone says it, I'm NOT a wrist-slasher but on the other hand I'm not a mindless sheep (excuse the pun but I know Boycie will enjoy it) that will sit by and harp on about wage bills and the fact we should be greatful that we have a board that won't bankrupt us. I'm a realist and as such I know that what's happening is not for the benefit on the team.

Regardless of how far along the transfer is the fact remains he's going, in which case we're in serious trouble. We're selling our top scorer and struggling to replace him with a Leicester reserve and a lower league journey man.

Before anyone says it, I'm NOT a wrist-slasher but on the other hand I'm not a mindless sheep (excuse the pun but I know Boycie will enjoy it) that will sit by and harp on about wage bills and the fact we should be greatful that we have a board that won't bankrupt us. I'm a realist and as such I know that what's happening is not for the benefit on the team.

HMMmmm.....Uncanny, I think we may have been separated at birth Vernak??

Was your dad a milkman???

HMMmmm.....Uncanny, I think we may have been separated at birth Vernak??

Was your dad a milkman???

He's actually a multi millionaire who loves the rams but he won't be offering to buy the club because he knows that with all the asset stripping going on the Yanks will double their money when they sell up. He doesn't want to line their pockets even more...

Right now it doesn't seem like a good thing. £300k for a player of his quality is negligible at best. Is the club so hard up that we are now down to asset stripping?

I'd prefer he stops until the end of the season and leave for nothing. Without his goals and creativity we could slip into the relegation zone. I can see us doing a Leeds/Man City if he is not replaced with some quality and quickly. I hope Clough has his eyes on a lot of players this transfer window.

Derby are certainly not too good to go down as it stands now.

Of course this is bad. Next man on our goalscorer list has netted four? Building around a newly signed again Commons would do the trick, now we are left with no artistic leadership and our strategic leader has lost his legs again. To be honest we are back in the mud again and there is no doubt our goal this season is to survive. Again.

Archived