Commons Leaving - Good or Bad?

Toadbelly

KC is probably the most gifted player we have in the current squad and he is about to leave us and go North to play in the two team wilderness of the SPL.

In your opinion, is this good for DCFC or bad?

Personally, I will be happy to see the back of the lad. Just like when Man Utd got shot of Ronaldo - good riddance. I just wish we were getting 80 million for him :D (or even 8, or even 80 grand!)

I think we may struggle to stay up though if we don't bring in someone by the end of the transfer window to score us some goals :frown:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As the story has unfolded, I am for one not surprised that he has gone/going (there is a slight chance he may stay but I doubt it). It is a shame to lose a talented player but for me he isn't consistent enough and a bit of a luxury. I can see Ben Davies or at a push Cwyka filling his boots without too much trouble. We have missed his goals in recent weeks but I don't think we could rely on them in the first place. A decent striker or even someone who can win a header up front and I think we will be ok. I hope we sign a youngster with something to prove- Commons just didn't seem to have the desire. Can't say I'm bothered either way. Failing that, an experienced nuisance such as Kuqi could fit the bill

Bad - because he is the only creative goal scoring individual we have in the entire squad, and because we all know will not be replaced in any way, shape or form by this useless board we have.

Good - for him. I don't blame him at all for leaving; playing for a such a directionless stagnating club thats going nowhere must be soul destroying.

don't understand you two (shilton and toad belly).

he's our best player...top scorer....he has more shots that anyone else

there's nothing wrong with his attitude

he should stay

he should stay

Nothing wrong with his attitude? Saying he wants to stay at a club, stringing them on for more money for a month and then move to a poorer standard of football for a bigger pay cheque? Nope, nothing wrong with that.

BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD and BAD he is our most creatful,skilful,talanted player we have and our TOP goal scorer.

who will we replace him with to get some one as good it will cost about 3 million

who will get the goals now porter - i dont think so

have we replaced hulse yet - NO

will we replace Commons - NO

Who will give this team that spark that commons did - NO ONE

Who can produce that bit of magic to win you a game -Maybe beumo ? but he will be gone end of season

i just dont see the point of getting rid of one of or best players

BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD and BAD he is our most creatful,skilful,talanted player we have and our TOP goal scorer.

who will we replace him with to get some one as good it will cost about 3 million

Who can produce that bit of magic to win you a game -Maybe beumo ? but he will be gone end of season

Well seeing as he doesnt want to sign a new contract he will go no matter what at the end of the season anyway. Why pay someone who doesnt want to be here and will probably piss us all off by doing feck all for the rest of season?

he should stay

Commons is our top scorer because he takes all the free-kicks (and has a boo if someone else does), most of the penalties, and shoots every time he gets within 30 yards of goal. He has talent so this often works for him but at what cost to the team? WOuld be interesting to know if he is 'popular in the dressing room' as they say.

Ronaldo was Man Utd's top scorer and I would have sold him for half a bag of pork scratchings, never mind 80 mil, for the same reason.

Commons is our top scorer because he takes all the free-kicks (and has a boo if someone else does), most of the penalties, and shoots every time he gets within 30 yards of goal. He has talent so this often works for him but at what cost to the team? WOuld be interesting to know if he is 'popular in the dressing room' as they say.

Ronaldo was Man Utd's top scorer and I would have sold him for half a bag of pork scratchings, never mind 80 mil, for the same reason.

You can tell you don't watch the rams alot mate,

Commons leaving in an isolated event because he couldn't agree terms - Good, best for both parties

Commons leaving as part of series of events which have seen most of the talented players at the club leave - Very bad.

We are a club which at best, is heading for 'coventry syndrome', like it or not we are little more than a cash strapped selling club. :frown:

Nothing wrong with his attitude? Saying he wants to stay at a club, stringing them on for more money for a month and then move to a poorer standard of football for a bigger pay cheque? Nope, nothing wrong with that.

he hasnt strung anyone along.

he's asked for x . we have had the option to agree or disagree.

there is no suggestion that he has moved the goalposts.

unfortunately nigel has mis-managed him and the whole situation.

we could have renewed last summer

NC has slagged him off for no reason

then sucked up to him when he did well

now started slagging him off again.

we're going nowhere...and he has given us 3 good years

Sort of agree with you here.

Well seeing as he doesnt want to sign a new contract he will go no matter what at the end of the season anyway. Why pay someone who doesnt want to be here and will probably piss us all off by doing feck all for the rest of season?

how do we know he is not going to sign a new contract ? he has not signed for anyone yet. like it has been said before anyone in his position would way up all the options it maybe that now other clubs are taking an intrest in him he may well go back to glick and say i have been offered this now can u match it. cus i want to stay.

i cant believe some fans on here are slagging him off !!!

When was the last time he scored? When was the last time he looked remotely interested in playing for the rams? He doesn't want to be here- therefore I don't want him here either. He is strolling around the pitch looking disinterested since he new that there was interest in him and money elsewhere. Get rid now for a fee or he walks in the summer having taken his wages for 4 months with no effort. Bye Kris

The bold bits are wrong in my opinion.:)

Archived