hodgson goes

froggg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Form can change quickly, just look at Derby. They have 2 games in hand over most of the clubs above them, win those and they go 7th I think it is.

To say Liverpool could go down is laughable, in fact I did laugh.

Form can change quickly, just look at Derby. They have 2 games in hand over most of the clubs above them, win those and they go 7th I think it is.

To say Liverpool could go down is laughable, in fact I did laugh.

At the current state of their squad and their new manager and where they are it isn't laughable it is possible, I am not saying they will but I am saying it is possible.

At the current state of their squad and their new manager and where they are it isn't laughable it is possible, I am not saying they will but I am saying it is possible.

anything is possible until it is mathematically impossible in football. But it's Liverpool, they aren't going down and they may finish in the europa spots

people said the same thing about Newcastle, but they are Newcastle, they can't go down and please tell me what happened to Newcastle?

You can't compare Newcastle to Liverpool at all, why don't you stick a cheeky fiver on Liverpool to go down?

33/1 Skybet

01/02 - 4th

02/03 - 3rd

03/04 - 5th

04/05 - 14th

05/06 - 7th

06/07 - 13th

07/08 - 12th

08/09 - 18th

For the last 5 years whilst in the Prem apart from one season they have been a mid table average club.

Liverpool

01/02 - 2nd

02/03 - 5th

03/04 - 4th

04/05 - 5th

05/06 - 3rd

06/07 - 3rd

07/08 - 4th

08/09 - 2nd

09/10 - 7th

Can you see the difference? in the last 9 seasons Liverpool have been in the top 5 apart from one season, add to that the European success they have had and you are trying to compare them to Newcastle?

The season before last Newcastle's players were shocking, this season Liverpool have been hit and miss, the thing they have what Newcastle didn't is quality players and a manager now that the players will look upto, the man is a legend round those parts.

As I said earlier, they win the 2 games in hand and they will be upto 7th, just 4 points behind Chelsea.

I think it's just you're negative mentality you seem to have YR, for some reason you prefer to look how close clubs are to the bottom 3 and try and turn them into relegation candidates.

Liverpool will not get relegated.

A better response from young ram could be, would you be surprised if they went down?

I wouldn't considering their form, they have been atrocious. Against Man United yesterday, instead of choosing Torres for a through ball they take a shot from way outside the area that was so flipping sightless you really do wonder about how they were ever a great squad. They don't trust Torres anymore and Torres doesn't trust himself. I think only Gerrard does, and he's not exactly showing his England form. He's been great for England for a while now.

However, i don't think they will go down. As much as young ram will argue against you, you're right. There squad, on paper (shhh, we said that about DCFC too much) is a champions league squad.

For Liverpool to go down, the Newcastle thing would be forgotten as being a shock because Liverpool are that big a club. It would shake the nation!

I thought Liverpool did well yesterday to be honest, should never have been a penalty and they managed to keep it 1-0 even with 10 men at Old Trafford.

They should have made Torres available for sale this month, he needs out, lost all his confidence and looks like he can't be arsed anymore. A few goals under his belt and it could all change but they would of easily banked £30m which could of been invested in a couple of strikers.

I think the 1-0 yesterday was more down to United than Liverpool to be fair. United kept them at arm's length for the majority of the match and had they been in a more ruthless mood could probably have gone on to score more. As it was, they retained possession far too easily, and Liverpool, I don't really remember having too many efforts on target, the Aurellio FK and that's about it.

The Liverpool/Newcastle comparison, I wouldn't agree with either. Newcastle like to think that they're a big club, but beyond the terrific support, they're really not. They had a flirtation with the top of the league, and in Europe, but the fact that this couldn't be sustained on a long-term basis is proof enough that they're not.

Liverpool did seem to have more desire yesterday, but they were playing their arch rivals. You'd assume a team would pick themselves up for that kind of battle.

It's the games against the lower half teams they need to play like that against. I concur Man United just sat back and played a relaxed game of football as soon as Gerrard was gone.

Archived