Dean Leacock - Transfer Rumours

Day

Skysports.com understands West Bromwich Albion are monitoring the progress of Derby County defender Dean Leacock.

The 26-year-old has impressed for the Rams this season and has made over 120 appearances for the club since his 2006 arrival from Fulham.

His form has caught the attention of Premier League side West Brom, who could be in the market for new signings in January.

The Baggies are currently in the midst of a defensive crisis, although that is largely down to suspensions ahead of the New Year's Day game against Manchester United.

Gonzalo Jara and Gabriel Tamas will sit out the match due to bans, while Jonas Olsson is out with an Achilles injury and Paul Scharner has been struggling with illness.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6626371,00.html

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just say Leacock does go, I can't see us bringing in any replacement now that Addison and Buxton are back training, Anderson won't be too far away now either. We arn't exactly thin on numbers in defence...

Moxey

Roberts

Barker

Addison

Buxton

Anderson

O'Brien

Brayford

I like Leacock but for 1million+ I would be laughing, he has struggled to get to the standard of his first season and has become injury prone, he would run through walls for this club, I genuinely believe that but I wouldn't have any worries if he was to go for a decent fee.

I like Leacock but for 1million+ I would be laughing, he has struggled to get to the standard of his first season and has become injury prone, he would run through walls for this club, I genuinely believe that but I wouldn't have any worries if he was to go for a decent fee.

he'd miss the wall.

Well there we are.

I honestly think half of us Derby fans are completely off our nuts when we say Deano isn't good enough.

He's been shocking lately but even the West Brom scouts have better memories than some of our fans.

he isn't good enough.

And this is quite possibly an agent trying to whip up interest in a player.

Interesting that the story breaks after he got slated by Clough who said that his supposed Premier League experience counts for nothing with us.

he isn't good enough.

And this is quite possibly an agent trying to whip up interest in a player.

Interesting that the story breaks after he got slated by Clough who said that his supposed Premier League experience counts for nothing with us.

Surprised that interest has been shown suddenly, right after his worst ever display in a Derby shirt.

Derby don't sell players for the right price, we only sell at a cut price. Expect nothing more than 100 - 250k.

Archived