Books

rezner

C'mon some of you must read.:D

Any good un's we can get then?

I've just finished Simon Kernicks-Target,an absolutely awesome read.Set in England too,as Kernicks from Slough.It's a thriller like none I've read.If you get a chance get it.

I like a good thriller and horror.

Also dropped so many hints over the last couple of years that i'd like Valentino Rossi's auto biography,but still no sign of it.:rolleyes:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bristol, is that a DI Caffrey one.

I've read Skin, Birdman and The Treatment

Also read;

James Patterson, Mark Billingham, Ian Rankin, Lee Child (jack reacher :redface:), Jeffrey Deaver, Jack Kerley, Cal McDermid, Peter James, Mo Hayder.......

If anyone wants to borrow some books......:D

Bristol, is that a DI Caffrey one.

I've read Skin, Birdman and The Treatment

Also read;

James Patterson, Mark Billingham, Ian Rankin, Lee Child (jack reacher :redface:), Jeffrey Deaver, Jack Kerley, Cal McDermid, Peter James, Mo Hayder.......

If anyone wants to borrow some books......:D

Yup, the new one. And the best so far, based on the first half.

Used to really enjoy James Patterson til he started writing the formulaic ones with other people. Also enjoy Simon Kernick, Lee Child, Gerald Seymour, Val McDermid, Michael Connolly, John Connolly, Greg Iles.

I read purely for escape and relaxation so don't often read 'intellectual' novels with long words!!

I read for relaxation too - but can't read sci fi stuff and imagianary stuff - people who know I like reading keep telling me to read Harry Potter and Twilight and all that - but I can't - I can't read stuff that can't happen.

Anyone can write a book like that - and can end it how they like - with a bit of magic here, and a load of crap there........not a good book for me.

Don't know if its any good yet but I'm gonna read "Operation Mincemeat" when I get time. The story is about the Allied invasion of france in WW2 (or rather the deceit that led the Germans to believe when and where it was going to happen), but, apparently told as a spy novel.

Apart from a few formula thrillers and a simlar collection to Daveo's, I recently came across an old copy of Che Guevara's Motorcycle Diaries, and found it fascinating.

I would always urge anyone to read George Orwell - no matter what your political persuasion he definitely makes you think.

Read owt me.

I have dyspraxia, so find reading very hard and frustrating, I find reading autobiographies easier because I can relate and imagine it easier. The wife got me savage, am reading Richard Hammond at the mo, and I've read Gordon Ramsey, Chris Moyles.

The plan to finish Hammond's then Savage, then the two Clough's then Jim Smiths.

Can anyone recommend any? Doesn't have to be footballers.

I've read Richard Hammonds - felt for him, with the accident. Him being a twit and his missus having to cope with him. Just made you realise that life is too short.

Hucknall, your condition obviously doesn't stand in the way of what you want to do, which is good. Reading is therapy for everyone.

I have dyspraxia, so find reading very hard and frustrating, I find reading autobiographies easier because I can relate and imagine it easier. The wife got me savage, am reading Richard Hammond at the mo, and I've read Gordon Ramsey, Chris Moyles.

The plan to finish Hammond's then Savage, then the two Clough's then Jim Smiths.

I have dyspraxia as well anythign by christopher hitchens, richard dawkins, andrew marr, Bill bryson george orwell, nietzche os good as well plus others

Simon Scarrow is a brilliant author, check him out.

I've had Russel Brands second book today, plus Simons Peggs and Michael Mcintyres.

I do like the fantasy genre, but i'll read anything if it's good. Historical fiction is brilliant if done well too. Have quite a few of those types of book lying around.

Even if you don't like Paul O'Grady's two books are worth a read. When reading them you feel like your down the pub being told the stories over a few pints.

Archived