Books

rezner

I've just finished "An Idiot Abroad - The Travel Diaries", if you watched the series and liked it you will love this book, a hell of alot more happened what you didn't see on TV.

It's all rubbish anyway.

Even though I haven't seen the programme, it just seems to be a man acting stupid for a bit. An 'Idiot', if you will.

I don't see the appeal.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's all rubbish anyway.

Even though I haven't seen the programme, it just seems to be a man acting stupid for a bit. An 'Idiot', if you will.

I don't see the appeal.

Only a fool would judge something without seeing it first.;)

Is that a book book or a diary book or even a bit 'o' this bit 'o' that book.:confused:

loved the show,so might get the book.

It's more of a book but written like a diary, each country he was there for around 7 days, it's written in days rather than chapters. It's not notes of what he did but a proper written review of the day. Inbetween theres also pictures, Karl's Facts and phone calls he had back to the UK with Ricky and Steve.

Like I say alot more got cut out the programme than what happened, he also visited the countries in a different order to what was shown on TV. I had fears it was just going to be a written version of the TV series but it's not, you could also read the book and enjoy it even if you didn't watch the series.

It's all rubbish anyway.

I don't see the appeal.

Just watch one episode, it's funny and interesting at the same time. It's educated me, I now know how the Chinese take a dump...squating with no cubicle door taking an orders on the phone.

Those three had a radio show on XFM in London years ago, the recordings are all over youtube and there is a site dedicated to them, you should check them out.

Brilliant games that Karl thinks up for the listeners. Their Podcasts are pretty good too.

• 8 months later...

I can recommend any book by Martina Cole. Brilliant, gritty, hard hitting and straight to the point. Or anything by Mandasue Heller, or Kimberley Charles which are of a similar genre.

Anne Bronte is often eclipsed by her more famous sisters, but The Tenant of Wildfelll Hall is a wonderful novel.

If not that, then Catch-22. One of the funniest and most heart-wrenching books I've ever read.

Or get yer sen a big Keats anthology, words can't describe the beauty that he weaves onto the pages.

http://www.shopthecentre.co.uk/images/promos/21385

I'm about to dust down me debit card and attack the Amazon bookstore, any recommendations?

I don't want anything too intellectual with big fancy words that nobody actually knows what they mean, I'm a simple kind of guy that just likes a decent little story.

Bill Bryson Notes from a small Island

Cracking read ....laugh out loud and educational......great turd scenario in a Bournemouth B+B funny as fook

• 1 month later...

Archived