New faces?

uttoxram75

Nigel Clough eager to freshen up Derby County squad

Clough's side have slipped to ninth in the Championship table

Derby County manager Nigel Clough hopes to sign a couple of new faces very early in the January transfer window.

Clough said the Rams are close to finalising a deal to extend striker Luke Moore's loan from West Brom, but expects more business to be done.

"As soon as the window opens we would hope to get some players in," Clough told BBC Radio Derby.

"We are down the road with Luke Moore and keeping him and we want one or two others to bolster the squad."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/derby_county/9308513.stm

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont know many Crewe players so I will have to go for Burton, Aaron Webster, Harrod,?

Or the usual with no connections at all apart from Metgood is dutch.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6603090,00.html

I'll be honest, I wouldn't particularly mind Harrad being signed up. He wouldn't cost much and he'd get us a fair few goals. Good at holding the ball up aswell.

And Webster would do a lot better on the wing than Pearson's done so far.

shame he wants to see more from luke moore but let's hope charlie austin can move in, doubt it but never know

Are you in one of those competitions where you have to say summart as much as possible to win a prize, for you it's......'Say Charlie Austin in 100 posts a week to win a free caribbean cruise'

I think Moore is taking a beating of some people, he isnt brilliant granted and I thought we played better as a team with Kuqi but Moore is ok. Its not his fault we are letting loads of soft goals in, its like Teale all over again getting blamed for everything. If we are to improve long term we need to be able to play good quality balls into the front man and not just hoof it and with moore in the team that needs to be done as he has shown he is a good player when the service is decent. Everyone expects every signing to be a world beater and if a forward doesnt score 1 in 2 he seems to be rubbish.

Archived