Alan Pardew confirmed as Newcastle manager 'till 2016

uttoxram75

Classic...just watched Pardew's interview...he is resigned to being a failure already...ha ha ha..

i hope he drags them into the depths they deserve to be in..

He has just said they are in the top 5 clubs in the league...what a joke, they aren't a big club, they are a big joke.

Madness wasn't it? Many Newcastle fans i've spoken to that have said that they are fed up with people thinking Newcastle fans saying their a big club. And Pardew says something ridiculous like that? Ignorant or dillusional... take your pick.

I'd at least expect him to go in like a Lion and come out like a Lamb. From what he's said he sounds exactly like a money grabbing opportunistic golfing buddy of the Newcastle board who's not going there with any ambition other than to give it a go. He was selfish at Reading, and now he's taking on a job he knows full well is too big for him.... yet he takes it anyway.

Don't mind Newcastle me self..... but i hope things get worse for Pardew. Glad the to55er doesn't play golf with Glick.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Madness wasn't it? Many Newcastle fans i've spoken to that have said that they are fed up with people thinking Newcastle fans saying their a big club. And Pardew says something ridiculous like that? Ignorant or dillusional... take your pick.

I'd at least expect him to go in like a Lion and come out like a Lamb. From what he's said he sounds exactly like a money grabbing opportunistic golfing buddy of the Newcastle board who's not going there with any ambition other than to give it a go. He was selfish at Reading, and now he's taking on a job he knows full well is too big for him.... yet he takes it anyway.

Don't mind Newcastle me self..... but i hope things get worse for Pardew. Glad the to55er doesn't play golf with Glick.

ha ha...yeah, he looked pathetic, completely pathetic..looking at his record it makes shocking reading too..! Go on Alan...break em..! ha ha

Classic...just watched Pardew's interview...he is resigned to being a failure already...ha ha ha..

i hope he drags them into the depths they deserve to be in..

He has just said they are in the top 5 clubs in the league...what a joke, they aren't a big club, they are a big joke.

They are massive underachievers given their current fanbase, stadium and fairly recent history when they had a decent squad. Getting rid of Hughton for Pardew is probably one of the worst managerial swaps I can remember in recent years.

Although Sven isn't ruling out Owen.

Robbie Keane and Santa Cruz look set to miss out on the chance to play for such a huge club with excellent support.

ffs! I doubt even Santa will go to Leicester never mind a man that cost millions upon millions a short time ago.

Who are you talking about....Pardew or Terry Wogan....?

Pardew and Newcastle is truly a match made in heaven, crappy manager who is living off the fact that he managed to keep Charlton Athletic up for a few years, for a crappy team who are still living on the fact that they used to be half decent...a long long time ago.

I give this beautiful union....about 10 months..

And his good work with Reading, Southampton and West Ham. In fact I would say Charlton has been the darkest blip in his career.

And his good work with Reading, Southampton and West Ham. In fact I would say Charlton has been the darkest blip in his career.

Hardly done a good job at West Ham, couldnt get them promoted during his first season when he was expected to, scraped 6th the next season and got off through the play offs. Solid first season in the Prem and then f*cked it up. Could easily argue that he done sh*te at Southamtpon as well, with all their money and resources he couldnt overcome -10 points to get them a play off spot and then started this season terribly. Awful, awful manager imo.

All I did when I first read this was laugh.

So they're stuck with a manager who was recently sacked by a League One club! And for another five and a half years.

No sensible man would make a decision like that. It's a cockney mafia.

Hughton was a great manager, fully qualified and was only paid £100,000 a year, for a manager that's peanuts.

It's the Newcastle fans I feel sorry for. They're going to watch their team go down. They're not a 'big' club by any means though, they just have a large fanbase.

In fairness to Pardew at Southampton, he was sacked by a chairman who plays the next game on football manager then tells the manager who he should pick and how they should play - and if they don't then he wants to know why. Pardew's been replaced by Nigel Adkins, who did a solid job at Scunny but has yet to set League 1 alight with the Saints.

Having said all that, a 5 and a half year contract at Newcastle has to be the definition of optimism for both manager and chariman. Pardew has yet to demonstrate that he can sustain results and performances over a period of time. Yes, he almost won the FA Cup with West Ham, but it was all downhill after that. If I were a Toon fan, I think I'd be very nervous for the immediate future of the club.

Archived