Forest sign Aaron Ramsey on loan until January 3

CumbrianRam

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Same could or has happened to Sunu then?

I'd say over a season he'd fit in here, or in French football.

Just needs time. Look how long Moxey took to really get himself to his full potential in the Championship.

Sunu would be perfect for our attacking three to come off of the bench.

Ramsey

This is a real coup for Forest and a sensational piece of business.

They do seem to be able to pull of these loan signings.

He is one of the brightest young talents in the country and can only make their side better. I am a little envious of this one. :frown:

This type of play making midfielder could have been fantastic for our midfield and could have made all the difference.

The way I see it, they got a player who hasn't played for 9 months, not only has he got to get fit and match fit, he has to overcome the fear of re-breaking his leg,

Also fuels the stories that McGugan maybe going in January.

I don't believe that this means that McGugan will be leaving, however I see the Ramsey loan as a match fitness exercise that Arsenal are confident he can get through.

He will be nothing of the Ramsey that Arsenal fans know, they might see glimpses of it at Forest but unless they can extend the deal they won't see the real player.

I know if we had signed him on loan for a month we would be loving it. He is a first team squad member at arsenal, yes he been out but he has so much ability. Not like them reserve players we kept loaning off them who don't even get in the carling cup team which is there second 11, ie sanu and barazite. Some people think every young player at arsenal is amazing but as at any club more don't make it than do.

I know if we had signed him on loan for a month we would be loving it. He is a first team squad member at arsenal, yes he been out but he has so much ability. Not like them reserve players we kept loaning off them who don't even get in the carling cup team which is there second 11, ie sanu and barazite. Some people think every young player at arsenal is amazing but as at any club more don't make it than do.

Arsenal get the best youth players in the country, and they get them in bulk too, so the majority of them more than every other club i'd wager, go on to have successful careers. Very rare that they have a 'bad egg' amongst the Arsenal youth set up.

I wouldn't be, as i'd know that for months he'd be nothing special as he needs to get fitness back. I'd be excited at a 6 month loan, as one or two months down the line and he'd probably be half way there so you'd get a month or so of the real Ramsey and he'd pull teams to pieces if they let him.

As it's only a month long loan, i'm not too bothered. Arsene clearly rates him, i'd be willing to be that he'll be on Arsenals bench after his loan (perhaps with another month extended after that too) and they'll be 'blooding' him back into the first team set up.

He will be a targeted man that's for sure, no place to hide in the Championship. Teams are not going to sit back and watch the Arsenal kid rip them to pieces, wouldn't be suprised to see him take a few "tough" tackles early on in games to keep him quiet.

It might sound all very nice and exciting, see how they feel when he goes back on Jan 3rd and the real transfer window opens, Tudgay 5 year deal 30k pw anyone?.

Forest are real contenders now, they have a great defence, awesome midfield and a good strike force... I am a little worried about them now, I think the Fox botherers will be cacking it!

Great defence? No. Average.

Awesome midfield? No, but a very good one. Agreed about the strike force.

They're top 10 contenders as we expected, but the only reason they're there is through McGugan. Without him, they've been pretty poor this season.

Archived