What was your 1st replica football kit ?

48 hours

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had an 70's strip that I got my mum to stitch on a red number 11 on the back, big V neck and collars, long sleeved and itchy as hell....still got it, still wear it (on special occasions only) and it still looks great.

I also had a blue version of the same kit that my parents bought me after Ipswich won the FA Cup in 78 because they thought I might want to change my team to one that won something..!

My first replica kit was 'home-made' in 1971, when the old fluffy ram was replaced with the 'more modern' ram logo. (please note that to my knowledge, replica shirts were not on sale at this time)

I bought a plain white football shirt, created an accurate copy of the ram and traced this outline onto the shirt. Finally, it was given to me Mum to embroider the logo.

Unfortunately, I drew the logo on the 'back' of the shirt, so every time I wore it, it was back-to-front !! :frown:

I had this kit handed down to me by my cousin but it did not have the badge on it. My Mum and Dad have pictures of me wearing it as a 5 year old in the back garden kicking a ball around

http://pictures.footymad.net/upload/181/307665-1

I also had the 1971 kit handed down.

My first new kit was the 1976 away kit with the light blue and white stripes.

1976-1978 Derby County Home Shirt

My 1st replica kit was the 1976 – 78 home shirt. I received it for Christmas, great.

One of the best Christmas’s I’ve ever had.

My older brother received a Chelsea home shirt and my mam, was a bit tiddly

on Boxing Day and brushed past my brothers spanking

new Chelsea shirt with her fag end, and a little

black hole was created in his shirt…..

top result.

1976-1978 d Umbro

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Derby_County/Derby_County.htm

Mock Norn Iron '82 Espana kit.

Out of Newtonards market. Massive collars. I was Norman Whiteside.

ESP 0 - 1 NI

yeoooo get it right up ya!

Only beat by Tigana and Platini in their pomp. What tossers they are now :) Whiteside still a legend.

Mock Norn Iron '82 Espana kit.

Out of Newtonards market. Massive collars. I was Norman Whiteside.

ESP 0 - 1 NI

yeoooo get it right up ya!

Only beat by Tigana and Platini in their pomp. What tossers they are now :) Whiteside still a legend.

Speaking of tossers....Norman Offside can jump right into that category..

My 1st replica kit was the 1976 – 78 home shirt. I received it for Christmas, great.

One of the best Christmas’s I’ve ever had.

My older brother received a Chelsea home shirt and my mam, was a bit tiddly

on Boxing Day and brushed past my brothers spanking

new Chelsea shirt with her fag end, and a little

black hole was created in his shirt…..

top result.

1976-1978 d Umbro

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Derby_County/Derby_County.htm

Same for me. Christmas 1978. Went straight out to the 'Reck' with my new football and played with myself all day (a habit I still indulge in once in a while but i digress). Seriously though, like you said, was the best Christmas ppresent I ever got. 9 years old and parading round West Yorkshire in a Rams kit. Eveyone i knew was a Leeds fan and I was totally oblivious to the whole rivalry thing. Thank God I was only a nipper with big ears and bad hairdo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/derby/rams/images/promotion_96_270

was my first that i remeber but i probs had the season before allthough bizarrly my mum bought me sheffield wednesday socks? for which i still have no expanation for, and for my birthday i got this rather fetching kit shirt socks and shorts...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/960000/images/_961071_seaman150

... with goal keeper gloves, shinpads, and a football. i dont think i took it off for days, may of even slept in it

Mine was the Maxwell relegation season one... 1990?

Except it didn't say Maxwell on the replica. I lived in it, though.

I also loved the next season's kit, with the red and black lightning flashes on the sleeve and Auto Windscreens as sponsor. The yellow away kit was cool that year, too.

My favourite kit of all time was the purple Puma away kit. Loved it, still wear it now and again.

First football kit was the classic Admiral England home kit from the mid-70s. I remember being picked up after school by mum & dad and being taken to the sports shop to get it in a frenzy of excitement! Dreadfully tight fit and hideous rough nylon but I loved it!

First Rams kit was the home one from 1981-84 made by Patrick. Got that at Xmas 1981 and the following Xmas got the away strip in tangerine and blue - nice!

Archived