Overseas Strikers ?

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I expect this 2nd one to be a flop. He's offered very little to his team other than goals this season. Last season (in the 2nd division) he scored 9 goals, the first time abive 3 in his career.

Now 29, he's scored 15 in 21 games in the top division. However, his xG would suggest 8 is a fairer reflection of the chances given to him. Doesn't shoot very often and doesn't even get on the ball in the box. Poor chance creation for others, poor dribbler, poor defensive contribution. Blackburn must be hoping he's suddenly found his shooting boots and could be a top finisher - I doubt it given his history.

Perhaps it’s a chum signing for the first signing to help him bed in ?

A bit like when we signed Thingy alongside Wanchope. Solis?

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The English football leagues must get absolutely scouted to death to saturation point. 

I'm sure that if we had a striker from the leagues identified then they would be at least on the radar of another couple or three clubs and it ultimately would come down to whom would pay the most money for them. 

How far down the pyramid do you go, park football?  

I think the key in the UK market is to go after unfashionable players who could’ve become disillusioned at reduced playing time, perhaps unsettled after a move, who have previously shown some ability. Jerry Yates is a good example, Cauley Woodrow another. Josh Coburn is a player who has players infront of him. Same with Rayes Cleary who has been outstanding at academy level but never had much opportunity at first team level.

There is a lot of them out there, but picking the right one isn’t easy.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Surely departing from Hull after the Northern border? First stop Netherlands, Second stop Sweden, third...?

Ah!

Trying to make me look stupid, eh?
You'll need to get up earlier in the mornings for that, mate!

You're describing the itinerary for the European division of our scouting network.

For Japan, we'll no doubt have a South American division!

smart.gif

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Ah!

Trying to make me look stupid, eh?
You'll need to get up earlier in the mornings for that, mate!

You're describing the itinerary for the European division of our scouting network.

For Japan, we'll no doubt have a South American division!

smart.gif

You're one step ahead, as always 🤣

There are lots of possible approaches to finding a striker.  One is finding a player who suits Warne's style who has maybe been playing for a club with a different style and so hasn't looked as good as they might.   Some countries - Spain springs to mind - have very different football cultures to Warne's style- there will be players who would do better in Warne's more direct way of playing. 

You could even look for players who aren't strikers that you think could move up front  - Dion Dublin and Paul Warhurst played several seasons as defenders before becoming good top division forwards.