Rate The Last Film You Saw

WorksopRam

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Few I've seen recently..

Black Swan - well this deserves a few different scores, because the acting and directing was spot on, it was pretty boring for the first hour, went to the toilet.. came back and it was all action, but it was far far far to weird to stomach, there was so many twists and turns in the story that it became apparent at the end, there was no logic behind it.. I genuinely do struggle to mark this, probably a 1/10 for my type of movie, 9/10 for direction and acting and if you're a headcase you would really enjoy this movie so 10/10.

Date Night - I really enjoyed this, there were many parts that made me laugh and although you struggle to get the suspense in a comedy you can in a drama/horror, the interaction between the two main roles was very good.. 8/10.

The Book of Eli -worth a watch, would have liked it to be a little longer and show more about the world it's set in but whats there is good so 7/10

District 9 -effects are amazing, espically given the budget, the plot is good, not sure it's a film I'd remember in 5-10 years time mind. Also I'm not against cursing but the lead in it uses the f word so much you'd think it was the name of the aliens 8/10

Wasnt overly impressed to be honest, it's grim as f*ck and was just depressing me in the end. Not my cup of tea really.

Well for those of us that find you totally boring, and cant be bothered to re read all the thread what film again?

Black swan 8/10

Agree with earlier post that its hard to rate. It is a bit slow and a real mind fvck at times. But its a very clever and good film. Well acted and well directed with a great story bit too ballet heavy for me (I know I know, but I just expected more filming away from ballet with reference to the ballet if you get my drift)

Worst comes to worst its worth it for the more intimate scenes at least.

The Fighter - having little knowledge on Micky Ward, it was a good watch. I knew he was the most televised fighter in history and I know he wasn't a flashy boxer, I also know the fights between him and gatti are famous (they weren't in the movie) I didn't know his relationship with his brother..etc so it was a good watch, my girlfriend enjoyed it despite not being a boxing fan (she's not even seen rocky) it is apparently very accurate of what went on in their life, so a good watch.. christian bale puts in a brilliant performance, gets the role down to a tee, was acting perfection.. 8/10

Archived