Rate The Last Film You Saw

WorksopRam

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True Grit

9/10

Best film of 2011 (so far) I'd safely say. Based on a novel by Charles Portis which is on my bookshelf waiting to be read. Also there was an earlier film version starring John Wayne.

That aside though it was just almost perfect. The young girl who was the protagonist played the part greatly and I'm surprised she hasn't been nominated for more awards etc.

The Marshal was hilarious. All a well-written script. Matt Damon's casting was perculiar but worked well.

True Grit

9/10

Best film of 2011 (so far) I'd safely say. Based on a novel by Charles Portis which is on my bookshelf waiting to be read. Also there was an earlier film version starring John Wayne.

That aside though it was just almost perfect. The young girl who was the protagonist played the part greatly and I'm surprised she hasn't been nominated for more awards etc.

The Marshal was hilarious. All a well-written script. Matt Damon's casting was perculiar but worked well.

Really looking forward to seeing this film. Big Matt Damon fan and the film looks great.

True Grit

To be honest i can't believe it was nominated for any awards because its nethier a epic or a stinker. A cowboy film thats has a awful beggining and and a dull ending. The acting is pretty solid and the action scenes are quite spectacular but its nowhere near as good as the original with John Wayne (who won his an oscar in the original). If the film makers didnt rush the first and last 10mins, it would be a great film, but sadly thats what lets it down. Never the less there are some really funny dialogue between Bridges and Damon which make the film more lighthearted.

If you haven't seen the original, then you'll enjoy the film more but if you've seen the old John Wayne film, then you'll still like it but you won't love it.

7/10

Archived