Jacob Widell Zetterstrom - SIGNED, FINALLY - 3yr deal

Nuwtfly

Not much to tell so far other than he's not rooted to his line as he's just come out of his box to head away a long ball upfield, and one time he's had the ball played back to him under a little pressure and his clearance was a bit poor, going a straight to the opposition's feet about 40 yards out.

Oh and Elfsborg fans have a chant set to 'Heaven is a place on Earth'

Edited by May Contain Nuts

11 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Not much to tell so far other than he's not rooted to his line as he's just come out of his box to head away a long ball upfield, and one time he's had the ball played back to him under a little pressure and his clearance was a bit poor, going a straight to the opposition's feet about 40 yards out.

Oh and Elfsborg fans have a chant set to 'Heaven is a place on Earth'

He punches, he dives, he saves with aplomb.

Jacob Widell Zetterstrom!

Conceded.

Ball across from his left toward the far post about 8 yards out, didn't look the quickest in getting across  (but not slow). Ball returned to the middle by the collecting player, and the first time shot goes straight through his legs and in. Could possibly have reacted more quickly with his feet to block it but that's being a bit harsh - 2nd and 3rd viewings in real time, no chance for him really.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

1 more comfortable save from a long ranger, curling low shot but within easy reach which he pushed strongly out toward the edge of the pitch, although I would have liked to see him take it in rather than push it out.

Followed by another moment where he's taken up a position on the edge of his box very early to try to head away a long ball, slightly misjudged so he had to chest it up and away, then charge out to win the second header. He won it but clattered their player in the process.

...and that's the game done, a 2-1 win.

After reading the above I found and translated this article via our trusty friends at Google , seems like things got a bit stressful with the match delayed and him nearly missing his flight….BUT that’s their manager and sporting director suggesting things are pretty much done 🤞 hoping this isn’t a Kleftenbeld or Fuertes situation and we actually get him signed…not that I know if he’s any good of course.

Elfsborg against Djurgården was postponed due to the weather.

Then Jacob Widell Zetterström is about to miss a plane to London to visit Derby County.

- He has complete panic, says Djurgården's sports manager Bosse Andersson.
Turn on sound

Sportbladet has previously revealed that Championship newcomers Derby County made a bid for the Allsvenskan goalkeeper.

Now Bosse Andersson confirms that the 26-year-old is flying to London to visit the English club.

And that today's postponed match has caused the goalkeeper to be under a lot of stress.

- His mother is waiting outside, so he will go to London, Andersson says and continues:

- We have a discussion, we agree on the terms, but an important part is that you get to go there and get to know each other, he says.

"Scandinavia's best goalkeeper"

Andersson says that the player will be in London tomorrow and will be back in Stockholm on Monday evening before the trip to Luxembourg.

The sporting director also says that Widell Zetterström will have additional matches in Djurgården's qualifiers in the Conference League.

- All coaches want their goalkeeper as soon as possible, but Derby are well aware of our situation. We have Scandinavia's best goalkeeper and are out playing Europe so we have a good dialogue, he says

51 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

The sporting director also says that Widell Zetterström will have additional matches in Djurgården's qualifiers in the Conference League.

Sounds like they intend on keeping him for the third qualifying round too. The qualifiers end on August 29…

16 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Sounds like they intend on keeping him for the third qualifying round too. The qualifiers end on August 29…

I’m hopeful that’s just something lost in translation as there’s no fresh quote from the sporting director, could be a reference to his previous quotes about the 2 legs for the game of this round. 

22 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

That would be ridiculous.  There holding out for more money now he's openly available.  No keeps sticking a goalie in nets if they are happy with the price.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That would be ridiculous.  There holding out for more money now he's openly available.  No keeps sticking a goalie in nets if they are happy with the price.

Surely if we have agreed a price he can't keep playing for them. What if he gets injured then both teams loose out...

1 minute ago, Ram1988 said:

Surely if we have agreed a price he can't keep playing for them. What if he gets injured then both teams loose out...

I get the feeling they would like more but he perhaps want's to move to the UK and impress.  We won't be doing medicals etc if he's playing so I expect he'll wind up somewhere else for a bit more cash and a bit more wage.  They seem to be putting spanners in the way of a move at the minute.  The whole thing is very weird.

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I get the feeling they would like more but he perhaps want's to move to the UK and impress.  We won't be doing medicals etc if he's playing so I expect he'll wind up somewhere else for a bit more cash and a bit more wage.  They seem to be putting spanners in the way of a move at the minute.  The whole thing is very weird.

I agree. It does seem and feel very odd