Carabao Cup

Animal is a Ram

Should be an interesting game.

On paper we should win, but the Paul Warne style will bring Chesterfield into the game. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a high scoring game. 

Chesterfield have a 'we'll score more than you' mentality, which led to them scoring 100+ goals last season while breaking the record for the most goals conceded by a team winning the Conference / National League.

Depends on who plays for us, but it would be a favourable match up with CBT and NML against their defence. They play with a very high line, but their defenders are very slow (too slow at times last season). A simple ball in behind caused them chaos plenty of times last season.

Overall, it could be an interesting game, which you don't get too often in the early rounds of this.

4 minutes ago, Chesterfield_Ram said:

On paper we should win, but the Paul Warne style will bring Chesterfield into the game. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a high scoring game. 

Chesterfield have a 'we'll score more than you' mentality, which led to them scoring 100+ goals last season while breaking the record for the most goals conceded by a team winning the Conference / National League.

Depends on who plays for us, but it would be a favourable match up with CBT and NML against their defence. They play with a very high line, but their defenders are very slow (too slow at times last season). A simple ball in behind caused them chaos plenty of times last season.

Overall, it could be an interesting game, which you don't get too often in the early rounds of this.

I hadn't realised they won the division, I just seen they lost 4 of their last 5 games and still finished on 98 points.

It is good to see them back!

38 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I hadn't realised they won the division, I just seen they lost 4 of their last 5 games and still finished on 98 points.

In March they were on track to break every record in the division, but everything fell apart after they played Dorking Wanderers on TV. On the bunch of amateurs documentary, which goes behind the scenes at Dorking, it showed how their manager took a week of work to find any weaknesses in Chesterfields team and it worked spectacularly. 

It ended up with semi- pro Dorking (in the relegation places) tearing Chesterfield apart. Through balls, quick counter attacks, everything on the floor, pressing high up the pitch. After that game every team chesterfield played had similar tactics, which worked unbelievably well.

As I said it’s set up to be a good cup draw. Our style of play suits their attack, while their defensive fragility suits us.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Yes

my bet last season was Chesterfield and Rams to win their divisions. . . It was close, at Portsmouth at 2-1 up I thought it was on! 

17 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

That’s the attitude . Midweek game . Don’t like coming home in the dark . Another 8,000 crowd with 4,000 from Chesterfield? If we are MASSIVE , why can’t we sell out for a local derby game . 

You’re replying to someone that’s recently drove to Newport and Torquay for cup games and Exeter away on a Tuesday night in the league as well as ALL the home cup games.

4 hours ago, Chesterfield_Ram said:

Will we be playing the same style/formation/tactics this season? I don't think we will.

22 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Will we be playing the same style/formation/tactics this season? I don't think we will.

It’s too early to say really. I do think the style we played last year would be more effective in the upcoming season, as teams will be trying to beat us as opposed to picking up a point. My point was that we could cause ourselves trouble if we sit back against them.

2 hours ago, Foreveram said:

You’re replying to someone that’s recently drove to Newport and Torquay for cup games and Exeter away on a Tuesday night in the league as well as ALL the home cup games.

Will never get why fans love to give money to the away clubs but can’t help drum up a bit of enthusiasm for a home game that can help us re-build the club.

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

That’s the attitude . Midweek game . Don’t like coming home in the dark . Another 8,000 crowd with 4,000 from Chesterfield? If we are MASSIVE , why can’t we sell out for a local derby game . 

26 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Will never get why fans love to give money to the away clubs but can’t help drum up a bit of enthusiasm for a home game that can help us re-build the club.

Show me a poster who has drummed up more DCFC bejeweled enthusiasm (over the years I've been on this forum), (and constantly contributed to the club's coffers, for that matter) than the one you are (loosely) aiming these comments at, and I'll call BS!

There's arguably only been the one poster, and sadly, he's no longer with us.

You get a 👎 from me. 

3 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Thank you and I will be there again, of course.

As won't the vast majority of season ticket holders.

Usually just us regulars @jimtastic56 - I know you're another. 

Just not very inspiring opposition  as we seem to play them regularly.

(I'll be at Chesterfield for the friendly too.)