Transfer rumours

14 hours ago, brady1993 said:

Nobody's core underlying concern is coming from that they think X academy player should be starting without caveat. 

The issue is that Warne has had good opportunities to give minutes to players to help develop them and has frequently chosen not to do.  Players can develop rapidly with game time and that seems to happen more when it's game time for their own club rather than on loan. Obviously you don't do it mindlessly. But their is a huge gap between recklessly throwing them in and the current approach which is extremely conservative.

That's the thing it's never a good season to integrate youngsters. There will always be a reason not to do it. If you only introduce players who are clearly extremely good or you wait until someone is absolutely ready before getting any game time you will barely get out of the academy what you could have done. 

Even this season with the entire focus being on survival it would have cost us close to nothing towards that goal to start Brown against Barrow or bring him on earlier against Bristol. And you potentially gain a lot by doing that.

Haven't I addressed these points in my post? For clarity, my sense of it is that against Barrow, he felt he needed to prioritise the integration of new senior team players. Having watched the Barrow game, I'd say he made the right call, especially given the result that followed it. In all honesty, I'm also unsure as to what huge benefit would have been derived from chucking kids into that performance, which was one of the worst I've seen in a while. With the barracking that followed, I'd venture they were better off out of it, but it's just my opinion! 

Edited by Comrade 86

25 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Haven't I addressed these points in my post? For clarity, my sense of it is that against Barrow, he felt he needed to prioritise the integration of new senior team players. Having watched the Barrow game, I'd say he made the right call, especially given the result that followed it. In all honesty, I'm also unsure as to what huge benefit would have been derived from chucking kids into that performance, which was one of the worst I've seen in a while. With the barracking that followed, I'd venture they were better off out of it, but it's just my opinion! 

Integrating our new forward, James Collins?

Performances against lower league opposition have been consistently poor under Warne - Torquay, Crewe, Bradford, Barrow, even Man City U21s. The common theme through them all is the number of senior players used. Perhaps a sprinkling of some of the promising youngster would yield a better result, since Warne struggles to get senior players to play at their best again weaker sides?

A backlash is inevitable when fielding a strong side against sides 2 divisions below and still losing. Fans show more restraint when a youthful side is put out.

19 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Performances against lower league opposition have been consistently poor under Warne - Torquay, Crewe, Bradford, Barrow, even Man City U21s. The common theme through them all is the number of senior players used. Perhaps a sprinkling of some of the promising youngster would yield a better result, since Warne struggles to get senior players to play at their best again weaker sides?

A backlash is inevitable when fielding a strong side against sides 2 divisions below and still losing. Fans show more restraint when a youthful side is put out.

I'm talking about Warne's wider outlook, not just one player! Since he's been brought up yet again, he's retained Daj which I think tells us a deal more than his absence from the starting line up in a cup match against Barrow. To be frank, your mind is made up anyway, so I'm not sure the two of us re-stating the same opinions over and over really serves much purpose. 

19 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'd say that's an optimistic call, given how some of our away fans behave in the event of a defeat.

You might be right about the youngsters showing more commitment though.