Pre season

3 hours ago, swadieram said:

Any idea when the players report to Moor farm for pre season ? 

They usually report on a Friday. That's a day of tests. Weight will be taken, measurements to see how much extra body fat they might have, muscle size etc. Blood tests, other medical gubbins as well and some exercises to see how fit/strong they are/are not.

My guess is that will be Friday the 28th of June. Pre season training to start Monday July 1st.

6 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

They usually report on a Friday. That's a day of tests. Weight will be taken, measurements to see how much extra body fat they might have, muscle size etc. Blood tests, other medical gubbins as well and some exercises to see how fit/strong they are/are not.

My guess is that will be Friday the 28th of June. Pre season training to start Monday July 1st.

Yeah I think it’ll be next Thursday or Friday, if I had to guess. 

On 16/06/2024 at 11:57, Derby65 said:

Does anybody know when or how we can purchase tickets for chesterfield and shrewsbury match’s I haven’t seen any ticket information thanks in advance 

Looks like they go on sale (for home fans at least?) at 9am tomorrow;

12 minutes ago, Derby65 said:

Anybody know how we get tickets for this do we apply via dcfc ticket office ?

The chesterfield website says the tickets will be available to buy online from 9am tomorrow (Friday 21/06/24) and info for buying in person will be communicated at another time. It also says the away fans will be in a couple of specific stands, so I guess you can try the Chesterfield website at 9am tomorrow unless Derby announce anything different

30 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

The chesterfield website says the tickets will be available to buy online from 9am tomorrow (Friday 21/06/24) and info for buying in person will be communicated at another time. It also says the away fans will be in a couple of specific stands, so I guess you can try the Chesterfield website at 9am tomorrow unless Derby announce anything different

Thanks I will try on line tomorrow 

3 hours ago, Derby65 said:

Anybody know how we get tickets for this do we apply via dcfc ticket office ?

From my experience of going to Chesterfield games you just go onto their website and buy them in the sections they say are for away fans. Then again I might just go in the home end with some people I know, they'll probably just be thankful for selling tickets and getting a bit of much needed cash. Wednesday and United sold out to full stands last pre season.

So just to confirm, we have:

Matlock (A) - Fri 12th July 7:45pm *Sold Out*

Stockport (A - Spain) - Fri 19th July, 11am CEST (10am BST)

Chesterfield (A) - Wed 24th July, 7:30pm

Shrewsbury (A) - Sat 27th July, 3pm

How many pre-season friendlies have we had in previous years? Season kicks off on 10th/11th August - 2 weeks after Shrewsbury. 

Presumably there is a, yet to be announced, 'Marquee' friendly at home against Prem or foreign opposition? Or do you think we would have the two weeks for final season preparations?

19 minutes ago, Dan_Ram said:

How many pre-season friendlies have we had in previous years? Season kicks off on 10th/11th August - 2 weeks after Shrewsbury. 

Presumably there is a, yet to be announced, 'Marquee' friendly at home against Prem or foreign opposition? Or do you think we would have the two weeks for final season preparations?

I would think we will have at least 1 home friendly, likely to be Sat 3rd Aug. Maybe another home game the midweek before around the 30th/31st July

1 hour ago, Dan_Ram said:

Probably Stoke again

Wait!  What!  

confused.gif

How the effin' eff did Tinpot Chesterfield become 18 years older than The Mighty World Famous Rams?

Apart from that single shot at glory at Old Trafford, which they ended up throwing away against Curlyperm Rovers, they've achieved the square root of eff all, and all in 158 years of "historic nothingness"!

I call shenanigans!  🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

How the effin' eff did Tinpot Chesterfield become 18 years older than The Mighty World Famous Rams?

Apart from that single shot at glory at Old Trafford, which they ended up throwing away against Curlyperm Rovers, they've achieved the square root of eff all, and all in 158 years of "historic nothingness"!

Don't let them hear that. They don't take criticism well and have the arrogance of a top 6 premier league team to go with it. A large part of their fanbase is of the belief that because they beat Portsmouth 1 nil (thanks to the Pompey keeper messing up) and beat Leyton Orient by the same score (thanks to a spectacular own goal), they would have been the best team in L1 last year. 😂

Of course we have to remember that they are a better team than us as they beat Matlock Town 9 nil (against a team of triallists) last year and we only won 2 nil according to their own forum.

Edited by Chesterfield_Ram

5 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Wait!  What!  

confused.gif

Remember that game.  They should have gone through with a disallowed Dyche header.  I mostly remember that we threw it away in massive fashion  against the curly perm in the quarters.  Best chance we've had of an FA cup final with a proper chance to win in my time.

6 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Wait!  What!  

confused.gif

By cheating. originally founded in 1866 they ceased to exist in 1881. In 1884, Chesterfield Town FC was founded. Chesterfield were elected to the Second Division of the Football League for the 1899–1900 season. The team generally struggled in the Football League: they placed fifth in 1904–05, but followed up with four consecutive bottom-three positions. Three times they successfully applied for re-election to the League, but the fourth application failed, and Chesterfield returned to the Midland League in 1909. Chesterfield Town went into voluntary liquidation in 1915. Chesterfield FC, the current version dates from 1920/21

43 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

By cheating. originally founded in 1866 they ceased to exist in 1881. In 1884, Chesterfield Town FC was founded. Chesterfield were elected to the Second Division of the Football League for the 1899–1900 season. The team generally struggled in the Football League: they placed fifth in 1904–05, but followed up with four consecutive bottom-three positions. Three times they successfully applied for re-election to the League, but the fourth application failed, and Chesterfield returned to the Midland League in 1909. Chesterfield Town went into voluntary liquidation in 1915. Chesterfield FC, the current version dates from 1920/21

Well, I don't think I've ever been so right in my entire life... Shenanigans indeed!  I just knew it!  🤣🍻