Athletic article on Chris Kirchner

On 12/07/2024 at 17:35, Srg said:

I’m inferring Rooney and crew were big fans of Kirchner and his bid, then disappeared immediately when it didn’t happen. 

If you and/or others want to remain big Rooney fans then crack on. I won’t. 

On 12/07/2024 at 22:44, Mucker1884 said:

I took your "Got in bed with" to suggest Rooney and co were in cahoots with Kirschner and his naughty antics.
I now see that you meant they were big fans of him/his bid... so happy to apologise for my part in the misunderstanding... whilst adding my opinion that the vast majority of Derby fans also appeared to be big fans of Kirschner and his bid at the time.

Nowhere have I hinted at being a big fan of Rooney, so maybe there's some misunderstanding on your part too?  🤷‍♂️

You've got to remember that Rooney put his own cash in, to pay staff wages ,whilst Kirchner's promised "funds" were on the way.  So isn't he owed money too???  Yes I think he's overhyped when it comes to his managerial prowess, and Rosinior did a lot of the heavy lifting coaching wise, but you can't knock Rooney for sticking his hand in his pocket.  It's not like us asking for £50 'til pay day is it...

6 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

You've got to remember that Rooney put his own cash in, to pay staff wages ,whilst Kirchner's promised "funds" were on the way.  So isn't he owed money too???  Yes I think he's overhyped when it comes to his managerial prowess, and Rosinior did a lot of the heavy lifting coaching wise, but you can't knock Rooney for sticking his hand in his pocket.  It's not like us asking for £50 'til pay day is it...

I've already had one poster insinuate I was "A big Rooney fan", presumably due to misinterpreting my post(s). (Which were directly quoted).
Now it appears you have also misinterpreted my comments to insinuate that I'm "knocking Rooney".  Again via a direct quote of my comment(s).

For clarification, both suggestions are incorrect.  My opinions on Rooney are far more "middling" than either extreme.

I will of course attempt to improve my written communication skills on the back of these clear misinterpretations.

🐏🍻

11 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I've already had one poster insinuate I was "A big Rooney fan", presumably due to misinterpreting my post(s). (Which were directly quoted).
Now it appears you have also misinterpreted my comments to insinuate that I'm "knocking Rooney".  Again via a direct quote of my comment(s).

For clarification, both suggestions are incorrect.  My opinions on Rooney are far more "middling" than either extreme.

I will of course attempt to improve my written communication skills on the back of these clear misinterpretations.

🐏🍻

As you have misinterpreted mine.  I wasn't judging whether you were pro or anti Rooney, I just wanted to point out that he was suckered into Kirchner's plan as well, so it's not entirely fair to say he was in league with him, as he lost out too...

For what it's worth, I was also fully behind him to take over until, probably, the 4th day of the money not turning up.  But like most of us, it was through pure desperation at that point...