Charlton Travel Information

Day

Just now, SKRam said:

Depends who’s running them 😊

Unfortunately you don't really get a choice, pretty much dictated by the area of the country you are in. 

Last weekend we had a 3 carriage train into Doncaster with one working toilet for a capacity of around 80%, which included a stag party.

From Doncaster into Derby we had to stand by the doors the entire way. 

Stood there questioning my life decisions, paying more for that train than it would have cost me to jump on a RyanAir flight to Spain.

8 minutes ago, David said:

Unfortunately you don't really get a choice, pretty much dictated by the area of the country you are in. 

Last weekend we had a 3 carriage train into Doncaster with one working toilet for a capacity of around 80%, which included a stag party.

Stood there questioning my life decisions, paying more for that train than it would have cost me to jump on a RyanAir flight to Spain.

Totally agree. Not even biased as a driver with Northern it’s embarrassing at times. One loo is indeed pathetic. Sometimes the public don’t help when you see what they try to flush. Trains are cancelled now if the loo is Out of Order. 
Airline subsidies etc etc….. but this is the wrong thread for all that. 
Hope those travelling in fantastic numbers get there safely. And three points of course 

1 hour ago, David said:

That's a pretty good toilet to person ratio, compared to some of the away matches we've been to this season!

Following a "Strongly worded email" to sometraincompanyorother@gmail.com (🤷‍♂️) after our very poor journey to, and absolutely horrendous journey from Wembley (v Villa PO final), we were reliably informed by said train company that trains are the only form of transport that are not governed by any "maximum number of passengers" mandate.

Just let that sink in for a moment!  The capacity is literally unlimited... (Unlike cattle trains, I'd assume?).
Suffice to say, our journey back seemed to back that statement up!  😲

Now, I hasten to add that I never checked that out for fact-finding reasons... partly due to shock, and partly as it was relayed via an official email communication from the train company's customer relations bod, (So why would I doubt it?), so if anyone can prove this to be incorrect, (I still cba to check!) then the train company's customer relations bod clearly lied to a disgruntled paying customer... which is only one step down from treating passengers worse than cattle anyway, so either way, it's shitty!

"Never again", we exclaimed... and never again it shall remain!

5 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Following a "Strongly worded email" to sometraincompanyorother@gmail.com (🤷‍♂️) after our very poor journey to, and absolutely horrendous journey from Wembley (v Villa PO final), we were reliably informed by said train company that trains are the only form of transport that are not governed by any "maximum number of passengers" mandate.

Just let that sink in for a moment!  The capacity is literally unlimited... (Unlike cattle trains, I'd assume?).
Suffice to say, our journey back seemed to back that statement up!  😲

Now, I hasten to add that I never checked that out for fact-finding reasons... partly due to shock, and partly as it was relayed via an official email communication from the train company's customer relations bod, (So why would I doubt it?), so if anyone can prove this to be incorrect, (I still cba to check!) then the train company's customer relations bod clearly lied to a disgruntled paying customer... which is only one step down from treating passengers worse than cattle anyway, so either way, it's shitty!

"Never again", we exclaimed... and never again it shall remain!👍🐏

……………was it the 18.25 out of St Pancras?

spacer.png

Edited by Old Spalding Ram

4 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

……………was it the 18.25 out of St Pancras?

spacer.png

Pfft!  Luxury! 

Unfortunately, It was the 20:(something) from Euston to Lichfield...

tumblr_n0buxu7Nfm1s02vreo1_250.gif

I would have paid double to have been allowed to sit on the roof!  

The toilets weren't an issue, as nobody could actually move to reach them anyway!
I'll not go into detail, suffice to say beer cans do not retain liquid once they start rolling around on the carriage floor!  🙄

Edited by Mucker1884