Who's using AI?

6 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

A lot depends on the outcome of the US election IMO.

And in the UK, which direction the Tories go in, whether Farage is tempted to join them and how Starmer's premiership goes.

Think I'd best invoke the 5th amendment mate, though I'm sure you could fairly accurately surmise my thoughts on the subject  🤣 

On 27/01/2024 at 18:50, ilkleyram said:

Serious/not being critical question: so why didn’t you give the task to a more junior member of staff?

I’m old enough to remember computers first coming into the workplace. The chat then was the same as now - we’ll all be redundant/on the beach. What has happened is that jobs have changed and the workplace has changed and skills required have changed in many places but the overall number of jobs have not. Might not the same happen with AI? 

You're right - probably could have done but the flexibility and redrafting is just much faster.

It's also on tap, I don't need to manage their resourcing to fit in these tasks and have them working on stuff that produces more value and frankly they prefer doing. At the end of the day people will learn how to use the technology to their advantage and to make their job easier and you're right, the nature and requirements of jobs will gradually change.

There are some tasks I wish I could automate more easily or flexibly instead of wasting good staff time. 

I guess the risk in that in a few decades time is people will find it extremely difficult to write without directing a natural language model.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...