Michael Olakigbe

DCFC1388

1 hour ago, RamsFan10 said:

Have football insider ever had some exclusive transfer news that turned out to be true? Every window they link us with someone new every two days and can’t think of when it’s ever been accurate. I’m convinced Pete O’Rourke isn’t a real person. 

Mate of mine has worked in football for years in a media and comms role for two clubs at championship and premier league level, he once said to me when I was angling for info on something “who is Pete O’Rourke though? Has anyone ever seen him” which both amused me and made me wonder the same. 

Pete O'Rourke has made a good career out of being an inside man. I used to work on a site that he insisted on using a pseudonym, though, so maybe his real name isn't even Pete O'Rourke. He definitely has contacts and gets some good stuff. 

Footballer Insider were the first to break the Rosenior out, Warne in news - for example, at least to my memory, 

I would guess a lot of his contacts are agents, etc, so definitely would utilise his base to promote their players name whether the information is real or not. 

• 3 weeks later...

According to Darren Witcoop both Oxford & Peterborough going head to head for his signsture, Bristol Rovers have also enquired.

So no mention of us so probably not one we are in for, as Witcoop does like to throw our name in the mix alot.