The 2024 Motorsports Thread

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Really pleased for her.

It'll happen at some point.

Also,

Apologies for the lack of learning mans 24hrs content on the thread, but, that's still going until 4pm today.

Edited by RadioactiveWaste

4 hours ago, Duracell said:

I watched about 21 hours of it. That was probably the best race you will ever see.

9 cars finished on the lead lap after 24 hours. Nothing comes close to Le Mans in motor sport…

Due to other factors I've not been able to follow it at all properly this year. I'll get caught up on it later and give some thoughts.

7 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/articles/cljjldx22rno

Dunno why, but this kind of silliness makes me chortle 🤣

Flavio Briatore returning to Alpine has amused me, or rather, the notion that Alpine's drivers are crashy enough for him to try it again, amuses me.

Just seen there's BTCC from Oulton Park on Sunday as well.

Edited by RadioactiveWaste

13 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

Just about recovered from my TT stint.

My mate got a 3rd place in the second sidecar race, his 31st podium from 60 starts in a 39 year TT career.

We had a great party afterwards. 👍🏻

That some career. I'm no afficionado, but I have noticed the longevity of some of these guys. Nice to see some of the old boys serving it up to the whippersnappers! 

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Well,

Not upset i watched british touring cars instead.

Wasn't that it's bad, but we just need a little extra from the challengers to really make it what it keeps threatening to be.

Nice to see Lewis making the kind of overtakes we used to see in earlier iterations of the Merc. There were some pretty impressive wheel to wheel dices through multiple corners by other drivers too at that's at  a track not exactly famous for such things.

Sadly though, Lando blew the start (again) and the result was pretty much inevitable thereafter. Verstappen has been keen to point out that Lando's car is faster than the RB 20, but in race trim (and at most tracks) I think that's nonsense. He could have won by half a minute today had he wished. I do wish that just for once he could say that on this day and in this quali, Lando was just better. Would it really be so hard?

1 hour ago, Alph said:

I bet Perez is fed up hearing how good the Red Bull is. 

I try to stick up for him, I really do, but he's just not bringing enough.

It's never easy for the no2 with a great in the No1 car, and the red bull may well be difficult to get the best out of, but it's like Checo, dude, you're better than this, you were better than this in a force India for years.

He needs to sort it out or go race sports cars til he retires.