Notts Co V Derby County: Player Ratings

Ellafella

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 - that's the baseline. Also indicate ATG (at the game) or TV (Tv).

Vickers

Wilson

Forsyth

Nyambe

Hourihane 

Bradley

Cashin

Barkhuizen

Smith

Bird

Collins

Brown

Sibley

Fornah.

Vickers - 7 - solid and couldn't do much about the penalty

Wilson - 6 - always looking to go forwards but some pretty naive running down blind alleys a lot too. Gave the ball away in the run-up to the penalty (which still should have been avoided so not putting it all on Wilson by any means)

Forsyth - 5.5 - two lower-than-standard performances in a row and was lucky to stay on here. With VAR and/or had he crashed into some prima donna, he would probably have been a goner.

Nyambe - 6.5 - steady enough after being introduced for Fozzie

Hourihane - 6 - ticked the ball over on the whole but some loose passes in there too

Bradley - 6.5 - pretty much faultless (hope this doesn't mean he's found his level)

Cashin - 5 - when he passed straight to a Notts County player I wondered if, like me, he'd thought it was a team-mate! When he then faffed around with a silly header to give them another sniff, I had to conclude he wasn't having a great night. Actually had a decent first half though.

Barkhuizen - 7 - looked bright. Possibly should have been more assertive in front of goal

Smith - 6 - steady at RB and didn't dive in, which was good enough

Bird - 6.5 - on cruise control mode; useful minutes in his recovery

Collins - 5 - have already ranted elsewhere on the topic of when he is (not) going to learn to stop relieving the pressure on defenders by fouling them. Has he no intelligence? After that, poor first touch to mess up the "No, after you, Sir!" back and forth with Barkhuizen chance, and I might be asking too much but on two occasions had he let a cross run through to a better placed player we probably would have scored (Bird was in line for one of them; the other one escapes me right now).

Brown - 6 - breathtaking display - possibly the best 120 seconds of professional football he's ever put in. Shame he didn't get longer but presumably after Fornah's disastrous hack (see below) Warne felt he needed to keep his more experienced players on the field

Sibley - 7 - good movement and finish on the first; right place at right time and good finish for the second. Otherwise he was fairly quiet but did OK.

Fornah - 5.5 - looked off it and showed rashness/immaturity with the penalty "tackle". Took me back to the 2000 Euros and Phil Neville actually, as I cried "Don't bring him down!" a good 2 seconds before he did exactly that. Not that it's all on him, but it was a shame because it would have been good to blood some of the younger lads for the last 5+ minutes and suddenly we were under the cosh. Is he fatigued already? Maybe the break is coming at a good time for him.

Rams TV.....deliberate decision to avoid aled up, offensive youth who I predicted would be there in their droves

Vickers     7 .......looks as good as Wildsmith.......heroic just being there tbh

Wilson       7........would have been higher but he had an awful last 20 after I commented on how excellent he'd been. My fault.

Forsyth    5.5......having a good season but not great again

Nyambe     6........not sure why we didn't put him in RCB and shift Cashin to LB.......didn't look comfortable with ball at feet

Hourihane     6.5......creates stuff

Bradley      8.......didn't put a foot wrong.... good to see....must be pushing Cashin for a start 

Cashin         6........looks massively hindered on the right

Barkhuizen    7.......big threat.......couldn't understand him being subbed

Smith       6........steady

Bird          7........decent game

Collins     6.5........another goal from another save from another great attempt by Collins. Would be easy for him to give in to the boo boys and hide but he doesn't. 

Brown      6

Sibley       7.5.......lovely first goal, alert for the second, customary booking

Fornah.      6.........could go either way. Looks like he's got potential and has had some good games but has been largely responsible for conceding 2 in 2

3 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 - that's the baseline. Also indicate ATG (at the game) or TV (Tv).

Vickers 7

Wilson 6.5

Forsyth 5.5

Nyambe 7

Hourihane 6

Bradley 6.5

Cashin 5.5

Barkhuizen 7

Smith 6

Bird 7.5

Collins 5.5

Brown 6

Sibley 7.5

Fornah 5.5

9 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Vickers - 7 did well , good to see him out there

Wilson - 6 some good things , some bad

Forsyth - 6 did well to escape a red

Nyambe - 7 hope we can keep hold of him

Hourihane - 5.5 didn’t achieve much

Bradley - 6.5 beginning to look the player we thought we signed

Cashin - 7 very good defending

Barkhuizen - 8 really is a class act

Smith - 6 did his job

Bird - 7.5 come back from injury even better

Collins - 6.5 works so hard for the team

Brown - 6