Your last spine tingling moment?

Alph

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In recent times, has to be the 'coffee cup' game for me. Scarey more than tingley as my son picked me up and swung me round! All the goals, the atmosphere and the wind so strong it actually brought me to a halt crossing the bridge on the way in!

As I very rarely watch our penalties (watched Sav's on Sat because I wasn't TOO worried if he missed it) the penalty shootout against Southampton was probably one of the most spine tingly. My kids had those jingly hats on - so I just sat, with my head in my hands, waiting to hear them jump up and down - so I suppose it was more of a jingly moment. I did watch Idiakez's peno tho - I knew it was one for the history books. :D

Oh, and the final whistle at Wembley of course.

For me my first match against Notts County at the BBG was a spine tingler. We had recently signed Archie Gemmill and let Willie Carlin go to Notts. We won 6-0 and it was a night match....all the colours, sounds, smells etc truly electric.

Two wins at Wembley (old & new) and all the european nights beating Benfica, Real Madrid, etc etc were pretty special too....:D

Having said all that i really enjoyed home and away when in the third division and i'll never forget a last minute penalty by Trevor Christie.

PP seems to suffer with a quiet atmosphere generally but when charged up like against Southampton & Preston in the play offs or Forest anytime - it can really rock too

You mentioned the match for us old enough to remember Vs Benfica with then the greatest footballer in the world playing for them, Eusabio. For you young 'uns it was like seeing Lionel Messi at PP. Todd & Macfarland hardly gave Eusabio a look in, the football was electric and together with a full Baseball Ground the emotion of the night was unbelievable. All the European nights were good but that was extra special.

Away at Stoke in the Q-F of the League Cup. 5,000 in the away end, hard fought battle as the lads matched Stoke's power all the way and the last minute penalty right in front of us.

haha i remember that game the duke 90th min peno for the win couldn't get a ticket so had to go in the home end perhaps it wasn't my best moment when i jumped up going mental when he scored :D

Really? Are you sure?

So we beat them in April 1995 5 - 0, lost 5 - 1 on Stimac's debut in say October/November 1995, then beat them 6 - 2 about April 1996?

Massive! Must have been the last 3 times we've played them as well. 12 - 7 on a 3 game aggregate.

Also, as many have said before, beating Middlesbrough 2 - 1 after Wanchope had been sent off was a pretty special atmosphere! Beating Arsenal 3 - 0 at Pride Park, another Middlesbrough game and coming back from 3 - 0 down to draw 3 - 3.

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/derby-county/1994-1995/results

Tranmere is hardly an inspiring fixture is it nowadays but i reckon i'd still buy a ticket!!

9 years old and my first experience at the BBG was a 5-0 win. The crowd was intimidating at first and the whole day was just thrilling.

Skip forward to last season and the hammering by Ssausagehorpe United/the cold and wet day we got beat in a terrible football match by Blackpool

Can i sue Derby for false advertising. I might've supported Leicester if i'd known what was to come. :D

You mentioned the match for us old enough to remember Vs Benfica with then the greatest footballer in the world playing for them, Eusabio. For you young 'uns it was like seeing Lionel Messi at PP. Todd & Macfarland hardly gave Eusabio a look in, the football was electric and together with a full Baseball Ground the emotion of the night was unbelievable. All the European nights were good but that was extra special.

Jimmy Hagen, formerly at WBA was Manager of Benfica....but they were well past their best by the time we played them. Didn't Cloughie waterlog the BBG before the game so they could not "knock the ball around"

By far the most "club changing" game was the League Cup replay against Chelsea in 1967-68?...Anyone old enough to remember, anyone who was at the game would not argue. Even Peter Taylor said that was the turning point for the club. There were many exciting days after this one!

haha i remember that game the duke 90th min peno for the win couldn't get a ticket so had to go in the home end perhaps it wasn't my best moment when i jumped up going mental when he scored :D

Dan, was you in your Gorilla suit again?

Me and the other Rams fan sitting (quietly) among Saints fans in Sussex pub during play off semi shoot out. We quietly left afterwards then on our way through the doors, my brother started up "Steve Bloomers Watching" loudly on his phone.

Happy days!

For me, the spine-tingling moment to end all spine-tingling moments came on a Monday night when we weren't playing.

If you're old enough, you'll know.

winning the league

Archived