Your last spine tingling moment?

Alph

Sometimes get to work with a former player of ours..... gone from football to some joinery.... yeah, i know...... but he was talking a few weeks back about some of those moments in football that give you that shudder. Given that everyone is in the mood to talk of good times and that Everton just played Liverpool i thought i'd try to find out what did it for other people.

For him he mentioned that walking out for the Everton vs Liverpool clash was out of this world. He was saying the noise was enough to shake your focus when your not experienced enough. He also mentioned being at a Celtic and Liverpool game as a spectator and mentioned the noise when they tried to sing "Never Walk Alone" louder than each other. Apparently Celtic were the most heard around Anfield??!!

For me the first ever game i was taken to. Tranmere at the BBG. We won 5-0 and it's probably only because i was 10ish that it was intimidating and exciting at the same time. When the Rams scored it was breathtaking the noise that went around me. Breathtaking as much as anything else i experienced watching Derby. So for me it's Tranmere Rovers lol. Wish i'd of seen Derby vs Forest at the BBG. It's good at PP so i can only imagine how it was there.

Anyone else recall their most spine tingling single moment?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sometimes get to work with a former player of ours..... gone from football to some joinery.... yeah, i know...... but he was talking a few weeks back about some of those moments in football that give you that shudder. Given that everyone is in the mood to talk of good times and that Everton just played Liverpool i thought i'd try to find out what did it for other people.

For him he mentioned that walking out for the Everton vs Liverpool clash was out of this world. He was saying the noise was enough to shake your focus when your not experienced enough. He also mentioned being at a Celtic and Liverpool game as a spectator and mentioned the noise when they tried to sing "Never Walk Alone" louder than each other. Apparently Celtic were the most heard around Anfield??!!

For me the first ever game i was taken to. Tranmere at the BBG. We won 5-0 and it's probably only because i was 10ish that it was intimidating and exciting at the same time. When the Rams scored it was breathtaking the noise that went around me. Breathtaking as much as anything else i experienced watching Derby. So for me it's Tranmere Rovers lol. Wish i'd of seen Derby vs Forest at the BBG. It's good at PP so i can only imagine how it was there.

Would that be Mr Carsley?

And not had many spine tingling moments at Derby, i've had a few 'instantly go mental' moments though :D

The last 'best thing' to happen for me was last season against WBA, when DJ scored past Carson.

Any respect I had for him as a keeper disappeared when he went mental infront of us when they made it 2-1, really rubbing it in. Then DJs goal when all seemed lost, that beat the 1-0 against Forest for me. Went absoloutely bonkers at that goal, not had a feeling like it since.

Although watching the football this season has left me happy everytime apart from Sheffield United, and when sat down watching the game I did get the sense against Preston that this was a very small feeling of the B.Clough era, the football on show, real football too, not all long ball etc. Good atmosphere (though obviously not the same as BBG).

6 - 2, we beat Tranmere 6 - 2. Unless you're on about a completely different game.

Same season, we had Leeds in the cup back when they had Tony Yeboah?

We had Trollop sent off, but went 2 - 0 up. At that time Leeds were a good team in the premiership, and we were in the championship/Division 1 at the time.

Absolutely mental in the stands, great atmosphere. We lost 4 - 2 in the end, but having had news of a new stadium, only having 10 men and initially scoring a 2 - 0 lead was electric.

That 6 - 2 game against Tranmere was great too, "The Rams are going up....". Good times!

'fraid not Mr Carsley Alex, a certain Mr Newton.

Daveo, did i really need to add ".... in football" on the end of the title? Honestly, your perverted line of thought makes me sick.

Now, what exactly is it that she does anyway? Might let the missus find the laptop on this page and see what happens eh? I hope it's nothing weird though. I never fancied being touched 'there'. ;)

6 - 2, we beat Tranmere 6 - 2. Unless you're on about a completely different game.

Same season, we had Leeds in the cup back when they had Tony Yeboah?

We had Trollop sent off, but went 2 - 0 up. At that time Leeds were a good team in the premiership, and we were in the championship/Division 1 at the time.

Absolutely mental in the stands, great atmosphere. We lost 4 - 2 in the end, but having had news of a new stadium, only having 10 men and initially scoring a 2 - 0 lead was electric.

That 6 - 2 game against Tranmere was great too, "The Rams are going up....". Good times!

Different game i believe mate. 1995 maybe??

Now, what exactly is it that she does anyway

A gentleman never tells and Alex I've got a Red Card waiting with your name on it if you carry on bitch.

Anyhow despite by best attempts to derail this topic it would seem some would like to discuss this thread seriously so I'l just slip out the back door (and no she doesn't!).

Oh before I go Wanchopes goal against Man United made me go a little tingly.

caring cup semi final, vs man united, evertything about that game was brilliant, cloughs signing, commons goal the atmosphere, a free programme and scarf, and the fact it was 1 of 5 games i went to that season, brilliant

the only other game ive watched where i had the same feeling, was beckhams freekick against greece, even now watching the reply the hairs on the back of my neck stand up

A gentleman never tells and Alex I've got a Red Card waiting with your name on it if you carry on bitch.

Anyhow despite by best attempts to derail this topic it would seem some would like to discuss this thread seriously so I'l just slip out the back door (and no she doesn't!).

Oh before I go Wanchopes goal against Man United made me go a little tingly.

Hahaha :D

Sorry old chap ;)

For me my first match against Notts County at the BBG was a spine tingler. We had recently signed Archie Gemmill and let Willie Carlin go to Notts. We won 6-0 and it was a night match....all the colours, sounds, smells etc truly electric.

Two wins at Wembley (old & new) and all the european nights beating Benfica, Real Madrid, etc etc were pretty special too....:D

Having said all that i really enjoyed home and away when in the third division and i'll never forget a last minute penalty by Trevor Christie.

PP seems to suffer with a quiet atmosphere generally but when charged up like against Southampton & Preston in the play offs or Forest anytime - it can really rock too

caring cup semi final, vs man united, evertything about that game was brilliant, cloughs signing, commons goal the atmosphere, a free programme and scarf, and the fact it was 1 of 5 games i went to that season, brilliant

the only other game ive watched where i had the same feeling, was beckhams freekick against greece, even now watching the reply the hairs on the back of my neck stand up

Yep, yep and thrice yep - my brother and I went back to the Meadows pub after the game wearing our free scarves and the pub was choccer with UTD fans. We couldnt help take the proverbial - ordering a pint of "black & white" refering to Cocks of the North, Champions of the World nah...!! To be fair all of em to a man came and shook hands saying we should have beat them 3-0 as did Fergie as i recall. Cloughs first game as manager albeit not in charge....yeah right - at half time he was down those stairs like a rocket......:D

Having said all that i really enjoyed home and away when in the third division and i'll never forget a last minute penalty by Trevor Christie.

I hear what you say Fred about the third div days, especially with the massive away followings we took in those days and the times we got given the home end at places like Wolves and Notts County. For me it is, however, much more recent - beating Manure at home in the League Cup Semi and then taking the p**s out of them in the pub afterwards - "A pint of black & wite anyone?":D

found it lol.

17.4.1995. Derby 5-0 Tranmere.

Worried me then!

Really? Are you sure?

So we beat them in April 1995 5 - 0, lost 5 - 1 on Stimac's debut in say October/November 1995, then beat them 6 - 2 about April 1996?

Massive! Must have been the last 3 times we've played them as well. 12 - 7 on a 3 game aggregate.

Also, as many have said before, beating Middlesbrough 2 - 1 after Wanchope had been sent off was a pretty special atmosphere! Beating Arsenal 3 - 0 at Pride Park, another Middlesbrough game and coming back from 3 - 0 down to draw 3 - 3.

Always embarrasing to get a spot in your (cough) Press Box as well as your (snigger) North Stand. Try this…:D

.diytrade.com/cdimg/845685/7731203/1/1230194789/Dr_Sheffield_s_Clear_Zit_Acne_Cream

I liked the inventiveness, but didn't quite work.

6/10 :cool:

Archived