Stating the Obvious: International Breaks are Boring.

Day

Even if you enjoy watching England play, international breaks are boring.

There isn't the same build up where you're watching interviews, worrying about injuries, who should you start up front. 

Take this forum for example, try and find a discussion on the Ukraine game later, you won't find one until it kicks off.

Instead, with no game we're finding different angles to tell everyone how much we like or dislike Paul Warne. We're days away from a serious debate as to why wearing a bobble hat means Warne can never be successful at this football club.

That's how engrossed we are into Derby County on a match day for England.

Yeah it's not an England forum, yet loads of you will be watching later and we will have a couple hours away from Warneball cyber squabbles, a brief moment where Southgate will come under the microscope. 

Even my mates in the real world, we'll go out and watch it later, rude not to with this weather and an outdoor screening, yet there's been no discussion over the actual game itself, just an opportunity to get out for a couple of hours and have a beer. 

Can international football find a way to be more engaging to fans, or do they need to find a better way to prevent disrupting the domestic football calendar so much?

35 minutes ago, David said:

There isn't the same build up where you're watching interviews, worrying about injuries, who should you start up front.

Can international football find a way to be more engaging to fans, or do they need to find a better way to prevent disrupting the domestic football calendar so much?

The one plus of international breaks is that it allows one to catch up on housework 😠.

I do still worry a little bit about injuries. That is, to any Derby players who are on international duties.

How to prevent disruption to domestic football. Let me think; I know, let's have less international football (never going to happen of course).

I totally agree that international breaks are boring. I have very little interest in international football and will not be watching the England game.

They're boring when you're a third division club, barely have any players on international duty to justify watching and those who are playing are in s**** teams.

I mean, are we really likely to go to the effort of watching the Northern Ireland game to see Connor Washington come off the bench? I'd probably watch an international game featuring NML but for Guatemala? Probably not on second thoughts.

There may be the odd youth player making an appearance here and there but they'll be harder to find footage of.

Edited by Kokosnuss

3 hours ago, David said:

Take this forum for example, try and find a discussion on the Ukraine game later, you won't find one until it kicks off.

Instead, with no game we're finding different angles to tell everyone how much we like or dislike Paul Warne. We're days away from a serious debate as to why wearing a bobble hat means Warne can never be successful at this football club.

That's how engrossed we are into Derby County on a match day for England.

Yeah it's not an England forum, yet loads of you will be watching later and we will have a couple hours away from Warneball cyber squabbles, a brief moment where Southgate will come under the microscope. 

Even my mates in the real world, we'll go out and watch it later, rude not to with this weather and an outdoor screening, yet there's been no discussion over the actual game itself, just an opportunity to get out for a couple of hours and have a beer. 

But you had the Belper Tapas trail….

11 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Yeah I didn’t realise we were playing Scotland on Tuesday till yesterday. 

I do now 🤣🤣🤣😴. I might be tempted to watch the anthems to hear the best one in the World but that's all. And I do mean 'Flower of Scotland'.

All entirety of world football is the backdrop to give Derby County a stage to play on. I couldn't give less of a monkeys about Internationals until finals month.

International breaks for qualifiers are complete non-events, especially now they've expanded the tournaments. Even Scotland are getting through this time.

Friendlies? I wouldn't watch unless I got double time for it.