Pre Season Game Results

Day

9 minutes ago, David said:

Just checking, we're all aware they don't matter right?

Best time to check this is following a win.

So Pre Season games are nothing but fitness yes? Yes???? 👍

Results dont matter although winning and certain players like Collins scoring or scoring from set pieces is only a good thing for confidence.

Then it all depends on stage of preseason, 1st game is clearly for fitness purposes, the last 1 or 2 games before the season starts it is about the tactics & performance to see how we're gelling as a team.

But ultimately the results have no baring on the season at all.

Edited by DCFC1388

5 minutes ago, David said:

So I shouldn’t be basing our whole season, the management team and players on an 11am KO in Southern Spain against a side from the division below us?

Best Gif Wow GIF

1 minute ago, DiggerB said:

So I shouldn’t be basing our whole season, the management team and players on an 11am KO in Southern Spain against a side from the division below us?

Best Gif Wow GIF

Afraid so 😂

10 hours ago, Needlesh said:

They are all about preparation. Fitness, team pattern, getting used to new colleagues strengths...but I hate it when we lose at any level, friendly, U18, pizza cup.

Just win, baby.

I get that. Nobody wants to see us lose, but it's pre season and already getting that same old summer vibe.

Where are the signings?

Announce the kit!

Nice kit but where are the signings?

It's natural the next reaction will be after losing to Salford that the season is done for, Warne shouldn't even be in charge of an ice cream van.

Every. Single. Summer 

Oh, Announce the away kit!

1 minute ago, David said:

I get that. Nobody wants to see us lose, but it's pre season and already getting that same old summer vibe.

Where are the signings?

Announce the kit!

It's natural the next reaction will be after loosing to Salford that the season is done for, Warne shouldn't even be in charge of an ice cream van.

Every. Single. Summer 

We only beat Matlock by two, Chesterfield beat them by nine,Boo.

7 minutes ago, David said:

Where are the signings?

Announce the kit!

It's natural the next reaction will be after loosing to Salford that the season is done for, Warne shouldn't even be in charge of an ice cream van.

Every. Single. Summer 

Its only a tiny minority of people who mither about pre-season results. Most of us know it don't matter other than starting to look a coherent unit by the last game or two.

More importantly, is it true this song was sung at Matlock?

🎶 Rhythm is a dancer

Collo is the answer

he scores goals from anywhere 🎶

21 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Its only a tiny minority of people who mither about pre-season results. Most of us know it don't matter other than starting to look a coherent unit by the last game or two.

More importantly, is it true this song was sung at Matlock?

🎶 Rhythm is a dancer

Collo is the answer

he scores goals from anywhere 🎶

Pretty sure it was, but wasn’t as catchy as Wildsmith hates carling but he loves red wine 🤣

9 hours ago, David said:

Where are the signings?

Announce the kit!

Every. Single. Summer 

Same everwhere, I imagine. People are impatient and irrational. The clueless but gobby bloke down the pub we'd walk away from in 1993 has a platform now.

Most of us are quietly enjoying the rebuild and looking forward to the season. 20k season tickets says something.

18 hours ago, David said:

Nice try, but why would I give away my right to go full meltdown mode after a loss or draw?

Morgan Freeman Laughing GIF

pre season results only matter if they are extremes and there is serious alarm bells.

i remember last pre season arsenal were blowing everyone away and ended up challenging for the title

when sunderland went down back to back to league one, they lost 5-0 in their final pre season game to celtic.