Big 6 Club Fans

JakeDCFC

Was scrolling through twitter the other night and stumbled upon some posts regarding transfer rumors about a few of the big 6 clubs. The funny part of it was that it was filled with them all complaining that their clubs haven't spent enough on certain transfers with a couple of my favorite comments being "Imagine being an Arsenal fan" and a Liverpool fan claiming that "If we had the funds, City wouldn't have won half of the league titles they've won so far." Like where does this come from 😭 I swear some of these fans have worms for brains or they're some of the most entitled people around. They could not last a second as a fan of a team that doesn't consistently spend 100 mil+ every transfer window. Anyway small rant over, just think it's funny seeing rich club fans complain, what do you guys think?

On 16/06/2023 at 21:09, JakeDCFC said:

Was scrolling through twitter the other night and stumbled upon some posts regarding transfer rumors about a few of the big 6 clubs. The funny part of it was that it was filled with them all complaining that their clubs haven't spent enough on certain transfers with a couple of my favorite comments being "Imagine being an Arsenal fan" and a Liverpool fan claiming that "If we had the funds, City wouldn't have won half of the league titles they've won so far." Like where does this come from 😭 I swear some of these fans have worms for brains or they're some of the most entitled people around. They could not last a second as a fan of a team that doesn't consistently spend 100 mil+ every transfer window. Anyway small rant over, just think it's funny seeing rich club fans complain, what do you guys think?

Funniest last season were Chelsea fans moaning about what a terrible time they had been through

48 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Funniest last season were Chelsea fans moaning about what a terrible time they had been through

Tell me about it, I wish finishing 12th was considered a terrible season for us. Also wouldn't mind having 600 million to spend LOL

1 hour ago, TomTom92 said:

Think intelligent big 6 fans have the self awareness to know that they’re in a privileged position but still want the best for their club.

Can’t help but think a lot of big 6 twitter is under 18’s and fans from abroad so they don’t quite get/are ignorant. 

Oh definitely, I feel like about 80% of the big 6 fans I see from twitter are from abroad (ironic to mention since technically that applies to me haha) or they're teenagers who don't seem to get how the game of football works.

48 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

This is where football is more about spending as if they’re playing an x box game, not a community like ours. I know which I’d rather have. 

Same here, seeing a lot of the big 6 fans talk football, it feels so disingenuous if that's the right word. Feels like a lot of them only got in it for the glory and don't seem to have a true connection with their club. 

5 hours ago, JakeDCFC said:

Same here, seeing a lot of the big 6 fans talk football, it feels so disingenuous if that's the right word. Feels like a lot of them only got in it for the glory and don't seem to have a true connection with their club. 

And when they say who they support they always have to qualify it by saying ‘I supported them when they had no money’ or ‘it’s my dads team, he was born there’

20 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Tbf, it was their lowest finish since 93/94. We've been 18th in the 2nd division or lower 7 times in that period.

Comparatively, 12th in the PL for Chelsea is as terrible as us getting relegated from the Championship.

On 18/06/2023 at 09:29, TomTom92 said:

Think intelligent big 6 fans have the self awareness to know that they’re in a privileged position but still want the best for their club.

Can’t help but think a lot of big 6 twitter is under 18’s and fans from abroad so they don’t quite get/are ignorant. 

Exactly that. Teenage E-fans whose idea of supporting a football club is playing as them on FIFA and getting up early in the morning to watch them on telly. Their opinions count for nowt, imo.