Frank Fielding signed from Blackburn Rovers 9 May 2011

Day

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what was the point of this goalkeeper merry go round if we only have him till the end of March. Sounds like our non league manager & his staff f**ked up again..

Get realistic, the CEO makes the deal and think Bywater screwed this up by saying he wasn't fit until Cardiff came in and declared himself fit. I think Bywater has thrown his teddy out cos he know he ain't first choice next yr. If Bywater was injured then the loan would be extended and if it was expected to be long term then the loan deal would have been till the end of season. This is Bywater being a tw*t.

Fielding will go to whoever will pay him the most money, if we agree a fee with Blackburn and agree terms with Fielding and no other club comes in then he probably would sign.

All we are doing now is advertising he may be available and giving him game to put himself in the shop window. I really wouldn't be surprised to see Matt Duke as our number 1 next season on a freebie.

Fielding will go to whoever will pay him the most money, if we agree a fee with Blackburn and agree terms with Fielding and no other club comes in then he probably would sign.

All we are doing now is advertising he may be available and giving him game to put himself in the shop window. I really wouldn't be surprised to see Matt Duke as our number 1 next season on a freebie.

Yep, my feeling too unfortunately. That's nothing against Matt Duke, but I think Fielding's a really good keeper and is just the sort of player we need to be signing if we are ever going to progress.

Maybe, in terms of whether Frank wants to come, much will depend on which league we are in and how much ambition the board is showing in terms of other signings.

Won't he want to join a team that's actually moving forward? Or maybe even one in the championship?

You may have a point there.

It's a bit of a catch-22 really. Fieldings form is bound to alert clubs in a better position than us. A good young England keeper will be on the radar of most clubs.

Yes, he agreed to join us on a temporary basis to get some games under his belt but I would be very surprised if he entertained joining us on a permanant basis.

I have a feeling a club like Wigan will come in at the last minute and offer him a contract that we cannot match much like they did with the forward they recently acquired.

last night

last night I was very impressed with him, saves aside he seemed to be able to actually get some good distance off both feet when it came to clearing back passes under pressure, something their dodgy tree-hugger keeper struggled with.....on another point, why oh why if we were not able to build a decent attack, could we not have at least had a few long range efforts at a keeper who was a: making his debut b: hardly played a serious game all season.......oh, that would involve tactics.....answered my own question :)

Quote from the DET :-

"It's going to be as frustrating as hell not being able to play," admitted Fielding.

"I'm going to be a Derby fan and I'll be rooting for the lads to do well.

"Matt Duke will come in, though, and be brilliant for us – and we'll stay up."

Sounds to me like he wants to be a Derby County player, He get's my vote,

My only hope is that GSE buy him and not let other's nip in a steal what I believe to be a really top goalkeeper from under our nose.

• 1 month later...

Clough begins Derby rebuilding with triple swoop

Nigel Clough has kicked off his summer rebuilding at Derby with a triple swoop.

Clough has pounced to sign England Under-21 goalkeeper Frank Fielding from Blackburn in a £500,000 deal.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-News-Derby-are-lining-up-Blackburn-s-Frank-Fielding-Sheffield-United-s-Jamie-Ward-and-Millwall-s-Theo-Robinson-article727647.html

It's just a Mirror though...

Yeah, them 3 in the bag would be a very good start to the window IMO.

The signing of Fielding is a very big one, he is a brilliant keeper IMO at his age as well, he will only improve.

Ward can replace Commons in terms of what he produces, I doubt we'll ever see Ward produce the little bits of magic that Commons did occasionally but perhaps he will be 10 times more consistent, harder working..etc

Robinson, whilst not going to be a regular starter has the ability to scare the opposition just by running at them like a c*nt, believe me there is nothing worse than a bouncing ball when you've got someone like him running at it like a dog, there is only one winner in that battle.. in the championship this season he has started 14 games and came off the bench 8 times and grabbed 5 goals, if he can do a whole season in the same vain as a bit part player and scores around 10, then he's worth the money!

The signing of Fielding is a very big one, he is a brilliant keeper IMO at his age as well, he will only improve.

Ward can replace Commons in terms of what he produces, I doubt we'll ever see Ward produce the little bits of magic that Commons did occasionally but perhaps he will be 10 times more consistent, harder working..etc

Robinson, whilst not going to be a regular starter has the ability to scare the opposition just by running at them like a c*nt, believe me there is nothing worse than a bouncing ball when you've got someone like him running at it like a dog, there is only one winner in that battle.. in the championship this season he has started 14 games and came off the bench 8 times and grabbed 5 goals, if he can do a whole season in the same vain as a bit part player and scores around 10, then he's worth the money!

Anyone know if these three players are part of the 6/8 new signings promised by Mr Glick.

Agreed, good assessment of how we should view Robinson as well

Archived