Frank Fielding signed from Blackburn Rovers 9 May 2011

Day

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fielding

He HAS signed for Derbyl at the Supporters Club meal, he announced it then. That was a couple of weeks back. Its a done deal :) And this isnt a 'friend of a friend' thing, he said this to several of us, including me

Is that actually him tho? Starting to have my doubts, only 100 or so followers, no mention of him by Sav.

completely agree with daveo. His location thing changed from Derby to home so unless he is screwing with us then either Derby is his new home or he has gone back to Blackburn.

it is the worst kept secret ever.

clough and savage etc are always letting it slip.

transfer window rules state you cannot sign a player (unless unattached to a club) out side of the summer or january transfer windows.

just let the season finish, then he will be ours.

same probably goes for ward!

he also tweeted yesterday that it was his second to last training sesh with sav & that he was going to miss him so looks like he is still with us

Is this Vicky style breaking news?

he also tweeted yesterday that it was his second to last training sesh with sav & that he was going to miss him so looks like he is still with us

Yes he is. Read somewhere (credible I think) that he didn't go back to Blackburn when his loan expired as he wasn't needed and wanted to stay and train with us until the end of the season. I think he mentioned being at some of the games and how unlucky we had been as well- pretty much done deal.

I like this kid. lots of heart and a great attitude, seems very grateful to be given the first team opportunity and looks like he will develop very nicely. He is exactly the type of player clough has been looking to get in. one that want play week in week out but knows if their not they have to work harder to improve and make the team. i just hope we get the experience behind him to help keep his focus. obviously he is a young keeper and wil make his mistakes, lose concentration, miss a cross and what not but he seem the kind of character to hold his hands up and not look for excuses. every interview i have seen he has come across a great lad and seems to love the game.

good signing (i think its safe to say), will make mistakes, will improve and hopefully be our number 1 for years to come!

Just been looking around, general consensus is that Blackburn fans are either pee'd off or confused why he has gone- especially as they aren't yet safe in the prem and could lose a lot of players if they come down- a lot of them saying that there must be substantial sell ons and think they shouldn't have sold him at all never mind "on the cheap" as he was a good prospect:D

Archived