Frank Fielding signed from Blackburn Rovers 9 May 2011

Day

On twitter 40 mins ago

“@ColinBloomfield: Radio Derby understands Frank Fielding at Derby County today with a view to completing a loan deal...â€

I've got my fingers crossed, plus my toes, arms, legs and anything else that can be crossed in the hope that this deal happens. :) :) :)

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the OS :-

"Derby County have agreed a deal with a Premier League club to bring a goalkeeper in on loan.

The Rams are without first-choice goalkeeper Stephen Bywater with a muscle injury and his understudy Saul Deeney with a shoulder problem.

The paperwork won't be completed until tomorrow to register the player with the Rams, but the Club are confident the deal will go through in time for the player to train with the rest of the Derby squad ahead of Saturday's npower Championship game at Sheffield United.

Third-choice goalkeeper Ross Atkins has been recalled from his loan at Tamworth and is set to be on the bench at Bramall Lane."

So what does that mean? Is it Fielding or not?

Third-choice goalkeeper Ross Atkins has been recalled from his loan at Tamworth and is set to be on the bench at Bramall Lane."

So what does that mean? Is it Fielding or not?

Almost certainly Fielding I'd have thought. Atkins on the bench? So either two keepers on the bench then or no place for Severn? Presuming that Fielding starts obviously.

Almost certainly Fielding I'd have thought. Atkins on the bench? So either two keepers on the bench then or no place for Severn? Presuming that Fielding starts obviously.

Severn talks about wanting to go out on loan again on the OS

He's probably the more prestigious player out of him and Atkins - he now has "Championship experience"

Kirkland would be good for the very few games he would be fit for, but Fielding has got to be the one we are after, surely we must all want him in the summer on permanent ? Or wouldn't that make good business sense to Derby County :frown:

And also, there is the chance of a 'view to a permanent' possibly?

i hope so, since Roy Carroll and Bywater were after the No1 shirt we've never really looked solid at the back, plus his age means a good 15 years out of him :D excluding the fact that once we get offered a single pound more than what we would pay for him we would sell as the business of it all made sense :p

Archived