Portsmouth (H) Sat 29th April

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

What a weird interpretation of what I said. never said he doesn’t, nor any other player, make mistakes or that this could be evidenced by the fact we didn’t concede a goal in a particular game.You said you’ve never seem him play in a game where he hasn’t either conceded a penalty or contributed to us conceding a goal due a poor back pass or making a defensive error (or words to that effect). I was simply pointing out two examples where neither of these had happened.

I have said :-

“I haven’t seen a game yet when White has not had a part to play in defensive errors, either losing the ball” (which would cover him for games against Cheltenham or Charlton etc as you posted, and which you implied by stating such, that we didn’t concede so therefore implying his effectiveness and therefore lack of defensive errors & losing the ball etc.)

OR (as explained in a previous post)

giving cheap penalties away, so however effective he is going forwards it’s usually cancelled out by the lack of the hard work, required to keep it out of our goal before pressuring the opponents goal. (as he has done in other games he’s played in)

So not weird at all. You chose to interpret my post in a certain way, so I chose to interpret your post exactly in the same way, and you find my post weird.

I’ll call it a 1-1 draw between us, and that makes us top 6, so let’s make the play offs as fans together, and hope all our players play to their full potential and give us the results we all crave.

9 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I haven’t seen a game yet when White has not had a part to play in defensive errors, either losing the ball or poor passing leading up to conceding goals, or giving cheap penalties away, so however effective he is going forwards it’s usually cancelled out by the lack of the hard work, required to keep it out of our goal before pressuring the opponents goal.

A lot of fans have criticised Collins all season, but he has chipped in with important goals, has held the the ball up, has worked hard to win the ball back and is effective in our box, when required to defend.

Hopefully if White has any more opportunities this season with Derby he can prove the fans that doubt him, that he can do all the initial hard work that enables the ball to be kept in the attacking areas and also creates and scores.

3 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Well all stats need a benchmark otherwise they get lost in never-ending or unquantifable variables...I believe this approach is fair as top half teams are patently better than bottom half & of course, Warne's dubious record extends beyond the top 6...we also struggle to beat Wycombe, Lincoln, Fleetwood etc. Obviously we disagree overall but out of interest, what stats or metric would you use to appraise Warne's time here to date? 

We have a chance of course but the lack of success against better sides starts to become a psychological barrier the longer it goes on (and probably reveals continued limitations in tactical set up). Speaking to a Wendy & Barnsley fan I know here in Leeds, they'd both prefer Derby as an opponent to anyone else in the playoffs. Lack of pace in side & inability to beat anyone decent both cited incidentally.

P.s. agree with point about Collins, think he's come in for some hammer this year but he is a matchwinner if given the right service & support

I don't know what Wendy and Barnsley fans know about Derby other than what they saw in the games against their clubs and what's been on TV. Barnsley lost 2 out of 3 against us and Sheff Wed were second best to us in the game we played against them.  As for TV games all of those shown by Sky so far have been away games, for some bizarre reason none at home.  At home, the only teams who have been better than Derby at PPS have been Ipswich and Plymouth.

16 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

They are not better than us, they just beat us because we were absolutely terrible on the day, not the same as coming away thinking they are a better team than us. . 

Take your point, thought you were talking about teams being better on the day, rather than over a season.