Who knows when this is from?

Bob The Badger

5 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

Bob

Here's a pic of me wearing a hideous velvet suit with Roy.  Directly behind me is your mate Ron Webster but I doubt you can tell from this pic.  It was taken at the Mayor's reception after we won the league in 1975.  Do you recognise any of the others on the photo?

Screenshot_20230114_095646.jpg

I wanted to use the laughing and crying emoji at the same time!

Brilliant pic!

I shared this before so apologies if you read it then and I'm sounding more self indulgent than usual. But Roy gave my dad the shirt that he wore in the Charity Shield by way of thanks for him helping with his testimonial (I think)  his work  and I ducking lost it when we moved to the US. Still gutted about that because I wanted to give it to @loweman2

The woman on the right looks frighteningly like Princess Margaret. Was she a Ram?

And yes, I now I think about it the old man was initially friends with Jack and then later John.

A lot of staff thought the old man was a director because he was friendly with so many and then one day they asked him to become one.

I can still remember him telling us in the Sportsman Lounge after he'd been down in the players lounge. He was beyond excited.....until he found out how much cash they expected him to put into the club!

I have no clue what the amount was, or even if I ever knew, but I suspect it'd barely cover a days pay of a top league player nowadays. 

One person on here when I posted the photo originally asked what Roy Orbison was doing there not knowing it was my dad. Funny though!

On 14/01/2023 at 15:37, Bob The Badger said:

I wanted to use the laughing and crying emoji at the same time!

Brilliant pic!

I shared this before so apologies if you read it then and I'm sounding more self indulgent than usual. But Roy gave my dad the shirt that he wore in the Charity Shield by way of thanks for him helping with his testimonial (I think)  his work  and I ducking lost it when we moved to the US. Still gutted about that because I wanted to give it to @loweman2

The woman on the right looks frighteningly like Princess Margaret. Was she a Ram?

And yes, I now I think about it the old man was initially friends with Jack and then later John.

A lot of staff thought the old man was a director because he was friendly with so many and then one day they asked him to become one.

I can still remember him telling us in the Sportsman Lounge after he'd been down in the players lounge. He was beyond excited.....until he found out how much cash they expected him to put into the club!

I have no clue what the amount was, or even if I ever knew, but I suspect it'd barely cover a days pay of a top league player nowadays. 

One person on here when I posted the photo originally asked what Roy Orbison was doing there not knowing it was my dad. Funny though!

please please find it xx